Re: [anubiasdesign] Re: "False pregnancy" in dwarf cichlids?

  • Jim Rake
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 29, 2012
      Well, after work today, she was back to her non-breeding colors,and the cories and ottos are swaggering around the tank like they own it, so whatever was going on, it is over.

      Either she was litterally havinf a 'false pregnancy', or there actally was a clutch of eggs or even fry, but they have been lost, either to cannabalism or to the other tank inhabitants helping themselves to some handy 'live food'.  Th egood news is that this golden dwarf pair looks to be a good match - so if I keep the live pushing the livefoods, they should be capable of doing it again.

      Time will tell.

      Jim R.