RE: [anubiasdesign] Off On Vacation

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2011
      It is this week.  I wish we could get there for that but I don't think it's going to happen.  Rockland was on my list of places I wanted to go based on all Al's stories but it looks like that will have to be next trip.  Way too much to do in Acadia to get anywhere else this time.  Having a great time here.  Huge storms went through last night, by far the biggest storm I've ever experienced in a tent - parts of the gravel road in the campground were washed away - only a small leak by one of the zippers in the tent, so not too bad for us, and it's supposed to be occasional thunder showers today so we're gonna get wet but we're going to hit some trails anyway.  We may also get to the Oceanarium (lobster hatchery) today.  So far, no good luck in tidepools, just snails and some little green crabs.  I'm not planning to bring anything back.

      http://anubiasdesign.com/

      From: Al Anderson <augustand@...>
      To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 11:21 AM

      I remember camping in that area back in 1961 and was awakened by a moose licking my hand. He looked at me I hollered and he took off running as scared of me as I was of him.

      My first job was at the Maine Lobster Festival teaching summer complaints how to eat lobsters. Back then you could get a lobster bag of chips and a bottle of coke for $5.00.

      Aa

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2011
        My favorite place in the world is Arcadia.  Although I grew up in Bangor, I spent every other weekend in Bar Harbor visiting my Aunt and cousins.  And the last summer before I left for PA, I worked at the Mary Jane restaurant in Bar Harbor.  Just love it!!

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2011
          Enjoy your vacation, you have more then deserve this.

          So whats the temp up there?