Re: [anubiasdesign] Re: Small, White/Transparent things on Aquarium glass and plants

  • apistodave
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
      Absolutely I have even used it with fry
      Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 9:50 PM
      Subject: Re: [anubiasdesign] Re: Small, White/Transparent things on Aquarium glass and plants

      Is it safe for plants?

      Hydra—use panacure
      Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 9:47 PM

      It's so small that it looks like the whole thing is white. And it moves VERY slowly. I have a magnet algae scrapper that knocks them down but they come right back after a short period of time

      On Jun 6, 2011, at 9:06 PM, Brandon Smith wrote:

      Are there white dots in it? If so your looking a pond snail eggs.

      Brandon Smith
      Internet Sales Manager
      Jim Butler KIA
      (w) 636-256-9600
      (c) 314-6-07-3338

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
        Dave, I looked for it and all I can find is Panacur and it's for dogs and cats.  What dosage?
        Thanks
        Jackie

        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
          That is the stuff Jackie---try Pet meds  it takes very very little like . that much, I’m talking about if you break a round toothpick in half a dot to equal that diameter
          Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:18 AM

          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
            For ten gallons---sorry
            Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:30 AM

            Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:18 AM

> [...]

            David Soares
            14818 Bluegrass Loop
            Sisters, OR 97759.

            Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.

            David Soares
            14818 Bluegrass Loop
            Sisters, OR 97759.

            Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
            David Soares
            14818 Bluegrass Loop
            Sisters, OR 97759.

            Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
            David Soares
            14818 Bluegrass Loop
            Sisters, OR 97759.

            Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
          • Jackie Clark
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
              Was just getting ready to ask that.  Thanks.  Don't know what it is but hydra is my suspicion of what is in my 55=gallon tank.  How often can you use it  or after a water change, etc?  But thanks so much for the info.  It ought to cure whatever it is.

              Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:18 AM

              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
                So you feed live food Jackie??
                Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:51 AM

                Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:18 AM

                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
                  not so much in the 55 - mostly frozen.  I've fed live to some of the smaller tanks.

                  Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:18 AM

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
                    Well—Hydra can eat anything—they go after sm animals and algae also-use the Panacur and see what happens—it’s the only thing I have found that does the job without hurting the fish
                    Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:16 AM

                    Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:18 AM

> [...]

                    14818 Bluegrass Loop
                    Sisters, OR 97759.

                    Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                    David Soares
                    14818 Bluegrass Loop
                    Sisters, OR 97759.

                    Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                    David Soares
                    14818 Bluegrass Loop
                    Sisters, OR 97759.

                    Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                    David Soares
                    14818 Bluegrass Loop
                    Sisters, OR 97759.

                    Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                    David Soares
                    14818 Bluegrass Loop
                    Sisters, OR 97759.

                    Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                  • Brandon Smith
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
                      Here is a link to where you can get the meds to kill the hydra.

                      http://aquarliam.com/?page_id=4&shopp_category=2

                      Brandon Smith
                      Internet Sales Manager
                      Jim Butler KIA
                      (w) 636-256-9600
                      (c) 314-6-07-3338

                      Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:16 AM

                      Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:18 AM

> [...]

                      14818 Bluegrass Loop
                      Sisters, OR 97759.

                      Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                      David Soares
                      14818 Bluegrass Loop
                      Sisters, OR 97759.

                      Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                      David Soares
                      14818 Bluegrass Loop
                      Sisters, OR 97759.

                      Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                      David Soares
                      14818 Bluegrass Loop
                      Sisters, OR 97759.

                      Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                      David Soares
                      14818 Bluegrass Loop
                      Sisters, OR 97759.

                      Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                    • Shaun Johnson
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
                        Yeah I don't feed live foods only a mix of dry and frozen. Frozen daphnia being one of them. my tank is 100 gallon so I'll have to use about 10-"toothpick" size pinches.

                        Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:16 AM

                        Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:18 AM

                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
                          I'll sure get some and try it.

                          Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:16 AM

                          Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:18 AM

> [...]

                          14818 Bluegrass Loop
                          Sisters, OR 97759.

                          Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                          David Soares
                          14818 Bluegrass Loop
                          Sisters, OR 97759.

                          Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                          David Soares
                          14818 Bluegrass Loop
                          Sisters, OR 97759.

                          Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                          David Soares
                          14818 Bluegrass Loop
                          Sisters, OR 97759.

                          Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                          David Soares
                          14818 Bluegrass Loop
                          Sisters, OR 97759.

                          Civilization is the limitles multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                        • Gerald
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
                            Shaun, My guess is the white slow-moving things are either large protozoa, rotifers, or tiny turbellarian flatworms. I doubt they are the primary cause of the tire track eel and mormyrid's health problems, but they could be another symptom of the underlying problem, which might be uneaten food decaying or inadequate filtration. You could have Hydra in there too, but they are tan to green, not white, and dont really fit your description.

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 7, 2011
                              You and me both.

                              I'll sure get some and try it.

                              Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:16 AM

                              Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:18 AM

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 8, 2011
                                I believe you can also get it from Charles Harrison (http://www.inkmkr.com/Fish/) or Jehmco (http://jehmco.com/).
                                Mark

                                --- In anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com, "apistodave" <apistodave@...> wrote:

                                > Hydraâ€"use panacure
                              • Pierre Gagne
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 8, 2011
                                  Your description sounds nothing like hydra.  I think you have freshwater limpets.

                                  I have had them a couple of times; they always faded away and I was sorry to see them go.  They hurt nothing in my tanks and I have never heard of negative effects from their presence.

                                  Pierre
                                  Potomac River Drainage
                                • Jackie Clark
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 8, 2011
                                    Sorry, Pierre.  I'm not sure what it is and not taking chances.  I want 'em GONE...just in case.
                                    Keep fishin'
                                    Jackie