Florida FW List - Part 1

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2011
      A couple of notes: the blue acaras and port cichlids are wild fish from Trinidad, the type locality of both species.  The XL asstd platys are supposed to be very nice.  Heck, I'll just paste his notes here:

      got Peru in this week, and have some nice motoro rays, a few zebra otocinclus, beautiful little 2.5" sabertooth payara, skunk cory cats, and a few other odds and ends.  Colombia shipment had a decent number of teacup rays for the first time in ages, hopefully I have enough to get through next week.  Got another batch of wild blue acaras and port cichlids from Trinidad.  Finally, a bit more variety on the Florida and Far East farm fish.

      Here are the highlights-
      Barbs & Other Cyprinids: cherry barbs are slightly large, and seem to be heavy male; tangerine barbs are good size and gorgeous; roseline sharks look good; clown barbs (rhomboocelatus) are nice; I think there are a few medium albino tiger barbs; I have a few green tiger barbs but they are really tiny right now.
      Tetras: Red phantom tetras are here and holding up well, they're not on the list but I have a ton; gold tetras look great; new rummynose look good today; pinktail Chalceus are good size and I have quite a few; gold pristellas are great size; blue kerris are bigger than normal;
      Livebearers: Gold dust mollies are exceptional; green swords are huge w/ lots of black specking; black swords are big; pineapple wags are in stock, very nice; XL asst platies are a really nice mix;
      Cichlids: Got a new batch of double red agassizi, pretty much all male; both sizes of blue acaras are F0, as well as the ports; yellow labs are running large; got a few big peacocks, but may already be sold out, call on these; curviceps are a nice peaceful dwarf cichlid; still have nice Cuban cichlids;
      Catfish & Loaches: In fancy plecos, I have a very few gold nuggets left, some mangos, a few peppermints, a couple galaxias, plenty of green phantoms, some spotted Hypancistrus (L-201?) and a few Colombian zebras; whiptail cats are as big as I've seen them here; the small Lima shovelnose are tiny, but I may have a few larger size; zebra otos are nice; arcuatus, melini and metae cory cats are all nice; have a few Synodontis flavitaeniatus; skunk botias look good; 3" rainbow sharks are nice.
      Labyrinth Fish: New batch of chocolate gouramis this week, these look like they might hold up; platinums are nice size; flame paradise look good (solid rusty red with dark edges).
      Other: Red crystal bee shrimp are bigger than the cherries this week; tangerine crayfish are good size with great color; got some new green panchax killis; knight gobies are back in stock; 6-7" arowanas are bigger than list size and look great, and the mediums (~4") are doing well also; sabertooth payara stabilized great and all have full bellies; panda garras are small but nice; peacock gudgeons are back in stock and beautiful; featherfin rainbows look great, and an excellent tank mate for the peacock gudgeons; axolotls are running bigger than they have been;

      Now, here's the list starting with the specials.  Regular prices begin after the reptiles.

      There are a lot of fish that should work well outside for the summer, including many of the cichlids, almost all the livebearers and anabantoids and lots of other stuff.  If you are considering putting something different outside this year, tell me about your containers and I can make some recommendations.
      Mark

      WEEKLY SPECIALS

      PLANTS

      MERMAID W/LEAD - $2