Indonesia

    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 1, 2011
      I forgot to repost this.  I need orders for Indonesia by noon eastern time tomorrow, Wed. March 2nd.
      thanks,
      Mark

      COMMON NAMELATIN NAMESIZEPRICE
      CICHLIDS
      ANGEL BLACKPterophyllum scalare blackM$7.50
      ANGEL THREE COLOURPterophyllum scalara scalareM$7.50
      BLACK ANGEL LONGFINPterophyllum scalare spM$9.00
      RED EYE ANGEL ALBINOPterophyllum scalare scalareM$10.00
      AFRICAN BUTTERFLYAnomalochromis thomasi1.25"$3.00
      TIGER TILAPIAtilapia marie1,5"$5.00

      CHARACINS & ALLIES
      TETRA YELLOW PHANTOM Megalopmhodus roseusM$2.50
      TETRA AMANDAEHyphessobrycon amandaeL$2.00
      COFFE BEAN TETRAHyphessobrycon takaseiM$10.00
      HARD BELLIEDSILVER DOLLARMylossoma duriventre1.5"$6.00
      TETRA SERPAE   Hyphessobrycon CallistusM$2.00
      TETRA PRETYHemigrammus pulcherM$2.00
      TETRA ROSY ORNATE   Hyphessobrycon OrnatusM$2.00
      TETRA PHANTOM BLACK   Megalomphodus MegalompterusM$2.00
      TETRA CONGGO     pairPhennacogrammus InterruptusML$10/pr
      TETRA BECKFORDI'S PENCIL FISH   Nannostomus BeckfordiM$2.50
      TETRA BLUE KINGBoehkea fredcoochuiM$2.50
      TETRA DIAMOND   Moenkhousia PititteriML$3.00
      TETRA CONGO YELLOWHemigrammus pitersius c.ML$6.00
      TETRA COLOMBIA REDFIN   Astyanax fasciatusM$2.00
      TETRA WHITE SPOTTAphyocharax paraguensisL$3.00
      TETRA FIRE GREENApyocharax ratbhuniL$2.50

      CYPRINIDS
      Barb-Red Line Torpedo(denisoni barb)Puntius Denisoni2"$15.00
      BARB ARULIUSCapoeta aruliusM$3.00
      BARB BLACK RUBY Puntius nigrofasciatumM$2.50
      BARB CHECKERBOARDCapoeta oligolepisM$1.50

      MISCELLANEOUS FISH
      CORYDORAS PANDACorydoras PandaM$3.00
      THERADFIN RAINBOWIriantherina werneriML$3.00
      PSEUDEPIPLATYS ANNULATUS   Clown killifishML$3.50
      BABY DOLPHIN ELEPHANMormyrus longilostris2"$12.50
      BICHIRIS CUVIER SHORT BODY ALBINOPolypterus senegalus  albino4"$25.00
      BICHIRIS CUVIER SHORT BODY ALBINOPolypterus senegalus  albino4.5"$29.00

      INVERTEBRATES
      LOBSTER BLUE ZEBRA RED CLAWCherax Quadricarinatus3"$15.00
      SHIRMP CELEBES BEAUTY (sulawesi)Neocaridina spongicola1-1.2cm$20.00

      http://anubiasdesign.com/

    • askkeyfish@comcast.net

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 2, 2011
          Hello all,

          I have ran into a problem with my Impaichthys kerri species tank.  I normally spawn tetras and barbs in their species tank by adding either a box with some yarn and false bottom, or keeping them in a smaller tank with a false bottom.  They usually just spawn in the tank and I remove eggs to another tank for hatching.

          In order to prevent excess waste and food, I keep cherry shrimp in most of the tanks as a cleaner crew.  They don't bother eggs, and the bottom stays spotless.  A couple shrimp usually make their way to the area with eggs and also keep them bacteria/detritus free.

          My problem is the kerri tetras are too agressive to keep in the smaller tanks and kill all the cherry shrimp I add to the tank.  They're spawning daily in the species tank.  I added 15 adult cherries to the tank yesterday, in hopes of adding an egg box this weekend once the tank is clear.  However, they killed all but two of the cherries by the time the lights went out last night.  Those two are only surviving because they're staying hidden under the hydrosponge.  Does anyone have any suggestions of another "critter" that would be able to take over the shrimp place that wouldn't be so easily chewed up and still not eat the eggs?

          Thanks,

          Larry

        • VGRANDINETTI@NJTRANSIT.COM
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 2, 2011
            Not eating the eggs is the problem.  Otherwise snails would be good cleaners.  I use Rams horn in my betta spawn tanks but have to remove them once I have eggs until they hatch.  If not I will find them in the bubble nest with the eggs and I know they are not just babysitting....The snail poo is also good for encouraging tiny critters that the fry will enjoy.....Ginny

            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 2, 2011
              Hi Larry,
                  If you condition your kerri by separating the males and females for a few days, and feed heavy and often, they will be spawn ready for when you want to put them together. Set up your spawning tank as you describe but without the shrimp, and add the breeders together the evening before the day you want the spawn. They should spawn with great vigor early in the morning. Rather than removing the eggs, remove the breeders at about 10 AM or even earlier and then you can add your cherry shrimp if you wish. I think you will find the shrimp are not necessary however, until your fry are large enough to eat baby brine shrimp. Before then, they will compete with the fry for the food.   Jack

              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 2, 2011
                I second what Jack wrote.  It's exactly what I was thinking.

                http://anubiasdesign.com/

                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 20, 2011
                  Hello all,

                  Rather than re-type the rather long story about how this has turned out, but to give an update to those who helped, I'm going to just post the link to where I currently stand in this venture.

                  http://plecoworld.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1401&highlight=

                  It's not over yet, but I definitely messed up the first attempt.