Fossil Fish Yahoo Group

  • Gerald
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
      I received this message below yesterday and figured some other fish-nerds here might be interested. Dont worry Mark, he's not selling Devonian and Cretaceous fish. ~~ Gerald

      My name is Neal Robbins and I am a paleontologist. I am the owner/moderator of a marine paleontology group called FossilFish. This is the link to it:

      I would be glad for members of your raleighaquariumsociety group to join my marine paleontology list. The reason is that posts on living marine life forms can be useful in gaining clues about the lifestyles and physiology of their fossil relatives. Some marine biologists have already joined FossilFish. Therefore, people in your marine biology group would be very welcome to join my FossilFish list.

      Sincerely, Neal Robbins
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
        Dont worry Mark, he's not selling Devonian and Cretaceous fish.

        Too bad, I would want some of those!

        http://anubiasdesign.com/

        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010

          I purchased a pair of Pelvicachromis taeniatus last weekend at a local fish club auction. The seller had them labeled with the location “Lokonidje”.

          I suspect this spelling to be incorrect. Any Pelvic experts out there who can verify or correct the spelling on this location?

          Edd

          Conifer, CO

          From: Gerald <gbpottern@...>
          To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com
          Date:
          Friday, October 1, 2010, 10:16 AM

          I received this message below yesterday and figured some other fish-nerds here might be interested. Dont worry Mark, he's not selling Devonian and Cretaceous fish. ~~ Gerald

          My name is Neal Robbins and I am a paleontologist. I am the owner/moderator of a marine paleontology group called FossilFish. This is the link to it:

          I would be glad for members of your raleighaquariumsociety group to join my marine paleontology list. The reason is that posts on living marine life forms can be useful in gaining clues about the lifestyles and physiology of their fossil relatives. Some marine biologists have already joined FossilFish. Therefore, people in your marine biology group would be very welcome to join my FossilFish list.

          Sincerely, Neal Robbins

        • james graham

                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                  Thanks, James.  With the corrected spelling, they are easy to find on the web.  Edd,  want some!  Does the seller sell on AB or from his home?  They are beautiful and I am jealous.  lol
                  Keep fishin'
                  Jackie

                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010

                    As  mentioned…a bag at the Colorado aquarium Society general auction last weekend. I don’t even know who the seller was. But since I’m always looking for Pelvicachromis, I grabbed em.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                      Lucky you!

                    • Redragon40@aol.com

                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                          I am probably the seller of the Taeniatus, which most people here think is  nothing but a Kribenses . Good to hear that someone else knows the difference. I probably will have a few  more at the Colorado Cichlid auction on Oct. 25
                          I have not sold on AB but am thinking about it.  I recently started breeding Fancy Guppies' in part because no one out her thinks there are anything but Rift Lake cichlids. I also have a few Victorians and Central Americans. Keep the water fresh
                          Bill

                          To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com
                          From: tctfsfishlady@...
                          Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:33:35 -0700

                          Lucky you!

                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                            Sorry, I can't hop, skip and jump to Colorado right now.  Bur sure would love to.  Will you sell prior?  Ship?  How much?  I would be interested if I can afford it.  Have also been looking for some reasonable shellies too but that's Tanganyika.  You can respond either on or off line.
                            Keep fishin'
                            Jackie

                            To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com
                            From: tctfsfishlady@...
                            Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:33:35 -0700

                            Lucky you!

                          • VGRANDINETTI@NJTRANSIT.COM
                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                              Hi all,

                              To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com
                              From: tctfsfishlady@...
                              Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:33:35 -0700

                              Lucky you!

                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                                Sorry but it's something he doesn't have.

                                To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com
                                From: tctfsfishlady@...
                                Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:33:35 -0700

                                Lucky you!

                                Message 15 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                                  He may or may not be able to get them but his permission should be asked first before offering to buy or sell from someone else....

                                  You will sometimes see someone offer to sell fish that starts out with saying that they received permission from Mark before doing so.

                                  GG

                                  To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: tctfsfishlady@...
                                  Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:33:35 -0700

                                  Lucky you!

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                                    Sorry.  I just joined Wednesday.  My apologies to all.  I promise not to post other comments like that.  Sorry, Mark.
                                    Jackie

                                    To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: tctfsfishlady@...
                                    Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:33:35 -0700

                                    Lucky you!

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                                      It is Lokundje’

                                      David Soares
                                      14818 Bluegrass Loop
                                      Sisters OR 97759
                                      Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did
                                      Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010

                                        Glad to hear there are other taeniatus fans out there!  I have a bad habit of hoarding them myselfJ  I blame Ted Judy and Anton for my addictions.

                                        Mike