Re: [anubiasdesign] RE: MINI - oddball fish

    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 6, 2010
      That's a 6" fish.  They were available from Peru this time.

      http://anubiasdesign.com/

      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 6, 2010
        Was this the Gymnotus  coropinae (dwarf) (selling at 6-8 cm) that
        only gets up to 6 inches?
        Thanks for the info

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 6, 2010
          The mouse tail knife is Gymnorhamphichthys rondoni.  Those were on the list from Peru.  The G. coropinae were available from Germany.

          http://anubiasdesign.com/

          Was this the Gymnotus  coropinae (dwarf) (selling at 6-8 cm) that
          only gets up to 6 inches?
          Thanks for the info

          That's a 6" fish.  They were available from Peru this time.

          http://anubiasdesig n.com/

                I've read in old fish books about a MouseTail Knife Fish - stays small -

                  Can anyone verify this?

                 Donna/ Kansas

        • aaronwojnicki
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 8, 2010
            Yes, I am pretty sure he is an African Knife fish. He has big eyes and I did see them schooling at the store I got them from but didn't think much of it at the time. Sorry for answering so late. Right know I have 3 Red Zebras and two small Texas cichlids. The Zebras took over the knife's cave. I put a ghost tube in for him but he didn't like it. I'm going to get some pvc pipe in there. Does anyone know any good looking tetras that would go good in the tank. It's a 29g. Thanks Aaron