RE: [anubiasdesign] Re:Snails coming out my ears

  • Blewett, Earl
    Message 1 of 41 , Dec 4, 2009

      Dear FishFolk,

      << How do you destroy Trumpet snails permanently?>>

      You can kill Malaysian Trumpet snails with Flubendazole. It doesn’t kill ramshorns snails very well but it is extremely toxic for nerite snails. It doesn’t seem to bother amino, glass or cherry shrimp.

      Be careful, you can kill off the snails and turn your aquarium water milky white. There are more of those spawns of Satan in the gravel than you’d think.

      Charles Harrison, in St. Louis, sells flubendazole. It’s hard to find.

      Good luck,

      Earl

      Earl L. Blewett Ph.D.

      Assoc. Professor of Microbiology

      Dept of Biochemistry and Microbiology

      Oklahoma State University - Center for Health Sciences

      1111 West 17th Street

      Tulsa, OK 74107

      micro@...

      Office (918) 561-8405

      FAX   (918) 561-8414

    • Al Anderson
      Message 41 of 41 , Dec 7, 2009

        Next time Mike just take the water out of the tank and bring it over here and leave it.

        Al Anderson

        6246 N.Rural St.

        Indianapolis IN.46220

        317 445 9570

        317 253 2170

        augustand@...

        From: Mike Downey <windwalkerone@...>
        To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Friday, December 4, 2009, 8:11 PM

        One method that I know works is to remove all the fish to another holding tank. Remove all live plants and destroy.

        Remove all filter media and pads to trash. Add one cup of regular Clorox for each five gallons of water. Start filter and run over night.

        The tank and all the trimmings outside and flush with the garden hose freely. AIR dry gravel and tank separately.   Set the tank up with substrate and tap water.

        Add a double dose of your favorite water conditioner. ..with de-clor.  Run over night. Drain and set up as a new tank. Use NOTHING from the old set up that did not go through the bleach treatment.  Air lines and heaters must go through the treatment along with ornament and plastic decor.

           Just the way I do it when I have had enough of the moving gravel syndrome !

        Mike