RE: [anubiasdesign] Re: Plant Fertilization

  • David Williams
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 2, 2009

      Utricularia Gramnifolia, a short bright green carpeting (foreground) grass. It is also a carnivorous plant, but not like eat your fry sort of thing, eats microscopic stuff.

      Marimo Balls are a Cladophora species, grows in these balls reminiscent of puffy soft golf balls.

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 2, 2009
        Marimo balls aka moss balls

        .

      • Redragon40@aol.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 3, 2009
          Thanks.  I couldn't think of any aquatic plant genera that began with U other than Utriculara, but knowing it is rarely found in aquarists' tanks I didn't think that was what was meant.  By the way, I think the Utricularias are neat plants, but I've only seen them a few times, and never for sale.  Some came in as contaminants at my LFS about four years ago, and the shop owner gave them to me, but they didn't survive.  Also, I didn't realize that another name for the Cladophora balls was Marimo. - Live and learn  : )
               Carol   < ' )))><