Pareutropius buffei

  • elegansgroup
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
      This fish I believe comes from Africa. Have you ever imported it. How much does it usually cost. Pareutropius buffei
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
        I get them occasionally.  The price is highly variable.  They run anywhere from about $4 to about $8.
        Mark

        This fish I believe comes from Africa. Have you ever imported it. How much does it usually cost. Pareutropius buffei

      • Gerald
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
          Its the same fish that's been imported as "debauwi" cat for many years. See here: http://www.scotcat.com/factsheets/pareutropius_buffei.html

          --- In anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com, "elegansgroup" <darrell318@...> wrote:

          > This fish I believe comes from Africa. Have you ever imported it. How much does it usually cost. Pareutropius buffei

        • Larry Tagrin
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
            It doesn't come from Africa, but Asia.  It's a catfish that gets just over 3" long.  Find more information here:

            On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Gerald <gbpottern@...> wrote:
            Its the same fish that's been imported as "debauwi" cat for many years. See here: http://www.scotcat.com/factsheets/pareutropius_buffei.html

            --- In anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com, "elegansgroup" <darrell318@...> wrote:

            > This fish I believe comes from Africa.  Have you ever imported it.  How much does it usually cost. Pareutropius buffei

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               mailto:anubiasdesign-digest@yahoogroups.com
               mailto:anubiasdesign-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            --
            Keep the books,
            Burn the censors

          • Larry Tagrin
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
              You're right.  I only read the top half of the screen, where it referenced "Asian.  I didn't go down to the details of its range.

              It almost looks like a dwarf relative of the irridescent shark, which also made me think of Asian fish.