Full Colombia List

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
      Here's the full list of currently available species from Colombia.  The two sizes of altums recommended by our supplier are in purple.  Please email me offlist at anubiasdesign@... with any questions or requests.

      Cichlids
      Aequidens pulcherBlue AcaraS $3.50
      Apistogramma iniridae M $4.50
      Geophagus steindachneriHorse Face EartheaterS $7.50
      Geophagus steindachneriHorse Face EartheaterM $10.00
      Mikrogeophagus ramireziRamM $4.00
      Pterophyllum altumAltum AngelS $20.0010/$175
      Pterophyllum altumAltum AngelS/M$25.0010/$200
      Pterophyllum altumAltum AngelM $30.0010/$250
      Pterophyllum altumAltum AngelL$40.0010/$350
      Pterophyllum scalareAngelM $10.00
      Pterophyllum scalareAngelL$14.00
      Satanoperca jurupariDevil EartheaterS/M$10.00
      Satanoperca jurupariDevil EartheaterM $12.00
      Symphysodon aequefasicatusBlue DiscusM $75.00

      Characins
      Abramites hypselonotusMarbled HeadstanderM$7.50
      Axelrodia rieseiRuby TetraM$2.00
      Boulengerella lateristrigaStriped Pike CharacinM$17.00
      Carnegiella myersiPigmy HatchetM$2.00
      Hemigrammus rhodostomusRummy Nose TetraL$2.50
      Hemigrammus rodwayiGold TetraM$1.50
      Hemiodus gracilisRed Tail HemiodusL$6.50
      Hyphessobrycon copelandiCopeland's TetraM$1.50
      Hyphessobrycon ecuadoriensisRed/Blue Colombian TetraM$2.00
      Hyphessobrycon metaeRio Meta TetraM$1.50
      Myleus rubripinnisRed Hook Silver DollarM$15.00
      Nematobrycon palmeriEmperor TetraM$2.00
      Paracheirodon axelrodiCardinal TetraXL$1.50
      Semaprochilodus insignisFlat Tailed ProchilodusS$12.50
      Thoracocharax stellatusSpotfin HatchetM$2.50

      Corydoradinae Catfish
      Corydoras aeneusBronze Cory CatM$3.00
      Corydoras agassiziiSpotted Cory CatM$3.50
      Corydoras arcuatusSkunk Cory CatM$4.00
      Corydoras elegansElegant Cory CatM$3.00
      Corydoras melanotaeniaGreen Gold Cory CatM/L$4.00
      Corydoras metaeMasked Cory CatL$4.00
      Corydoras punctatusSpotfin Cory CatS$3.00

      L Number Plecos
      L52 - ButterflyDekeyseria pulcherS$16.00
      L104 - ClownPanaque maccusM$5.00
      L128 S$25.00
      L146Peckoltia ucayaliensis $27.00
      L187a - Spotted BulldogChaetostoma sp.M$5.00
      L187b - Striped BulldogChaetostoma cf thomsoniM$4.00
      L190 - Royal Panaque nigrolineatusS$14.00
      L191 - Dull Eyed RoyalPanaque sp.M$17.00
      L200 - Green Spotted M$45.00
      L200 - Green Spotted L$60.00
      L200 - High Fin Green Spotted M$60.00
      L200 - High Fin Green Spotted L$75.00
    • James Magnifico
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
           Hope the trip went well to and from the convention. Thanks for shipping the fish.  What two female bettas did you send  ? they were not marked so I kept them seperated until I know for sure.
          The lamonts came in ok.  I put them in the tank that i have the leightoni and some small loricrids.  I have not lost a fish in that tank in months .   Two of the lamonts did not make it and one more may not. Oh well, it was worth a shot. Are there any left ?  Also will be getting the money form my stepson by the end of the week so I will send you the balance of the first (85.00 ) and the second which is 125.00 plus the two bettas and 32.00 for shipping. Let me know if that is right. I would also send some extra for the next batch of " stuff ".
          Would like to get some plants and odds and ends. How are the pygmaus ?  How big are the c. longipinnus ?
          From the list below, I would consisder some ruby and emporer tetras ( 12 of each ).  What do they consider xl on the cardinals.  I have 16 0f the 20 I got last year from you and they are approaching 1.25 inches in lenght ! they are  beautiful.  I would get another 20 in a heartbeat. The c metae and c. elegans also interest me ( 8- 10 of each )
          what do they consider   small and medium on the leightoni ? The ones we got from Glaser  are close to 3 inches already. might even consider getting some of them. what do you think ?
        Jim Magnifico

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
          Jim,
          That was  a pr of Betta mandor.  Did I mark them both as females?

          I took all the Lamontichthys that were left to the ACA.  I lost one at the show.  I've since heard from 2 people who lost the two they bought at the show.  I was attributing it more to significant water chemistry changes but it could have been something else.  I've alread inquired about getting more of them specifically.

          The longipinnis are sexable, though still young.  The pygmaeus are nice.

          The XL cardinals are packed 600 in a box.  That's about as big as they get for fresh imports.  Once in a while, they have a 500 pack but it's pretty unusual.  I have a pretty nice sized batch of tankraised ones in at the moment, too.  No sizes listed for leightoni, just pack quantity which is either 25 or 20.  To give you an idea, there were 25 of the L. stibaros in the box.
          Mark

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009
            Would the Hyphessobrycon copelandi, Copeland's Tetra also be called "false rosy tetra"? I just was looking at pics of the copelands tetra and it looks alot like the fish I have called false rosy or white tip tetra.

            Anna