Re: [anubiasdesign] New Catfish - What Am I?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
      Thanks for the info everyone.  These are a neat fish but obviously very different from the Bagarius yarrelli I expected to get.  I'll try to get a pic of the chest of one today and get it posted.

      They do seem to match some of the pics of Glyptothorax fuscus on Planet Catfish.  The problem, though, is that it looks to me like there are two species pictured there, one of which is much more slender than these and does not look like this species.  The other issue is the listed maximum size of 2.4".  All of these are larger than that.

      I'm with Mike on this one, most likely a Glyptothorax species. Can you examine the chest to see if there are several skin folds?

    • sinaster999
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
        --- In anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com, Anubias Design <anubiasdesign@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the info everyone.  These are a neat fish but obviously very different from the Bagarius yarrelli I expected to get.  I'll try to get a pic of the chest of one today and get it posted.
        >
        > They do seem to match some of the pics of Glyptothorax fuscus on Planet Catfish.  The problem, though, is that it looks to me like there are two species pictured there, one of which is much more slender than these and does not look like this species.  The other issue is the listed maximum size of 2.4".  All of these are larger than that.
        > Thanks,
        > Mark

        mark,
        do u have these instock and for sale??