Re: [anubiasdesign] Re: Peroxide for egg fungus

  • Larry Tagrin
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2009
      H2O2 deteriorates very rapidly once it's out of the bottle.  By the time you try to do anything about it, it's gone.

      I once spilled some H2O2 into a tank.  I turned up the sponge filter very high and then turned it back down about 15 minutes later.  No problem.

      I use H2O2 as a disinfectant and to clean hoses and pipets instead of chlorox.  Anything is safer than chlorine.

      On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Gerald Griffin <herpchat@...> wrote:
      The peroxide should have been neutralized with strong light as it goes through its chemical reaction.  During this reaction it will revert to water and oxygen gas which will be oxidative in nature so can kill plants.  It realistically should already be out of the tank.

      From: Matt Robertson <magilicudi@sbcgloba l.net>

      To: anubiasdesign@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, March 3, 2009, 1:48 PM

      So lets say that I know a guy dumb enough to clean mold off of part of his filter with H202 and it spilt into his tank with a batch of two month old apisto cac.
      Not sure how much but it was enough to nearly kill two of the plants and about six
      babies.  The question is how should I, I mean this guy go about fixing his tank.  I, I
      mean he has been doing daily water changes and the tank has of course become
      cloudy.  He used some water from another mature tank mixed with fresh water on his
      last water change but it still does not look to good.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
      My friend thanks

      you.

      --
      Keep the books,