Spam

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
      I've just changed the basic group settings so that posts by new members
      will be moderated. This should eliminate the spam we've been getting
      lately. If the first post by a new member is fish related, I'll remove
      them from moderation.
      Mark
    • Al Anderson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008

        Mark you said” If the first post by a new member is fish related, I'll remove
        them from moderation.
        Mark

        I think you meant to say “if the first post is not fish related”

        Al Anderson

        6246 N.Rural St.

        Indianapolis IN. 46220

        augustand@...

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008

          No, if you read his comment carefully, he said he would remove them from moderation if the post was fish-related. Thus, new members would automatically be on moderated status and removed if the post was appropriate to the forum. Or do I need to adjust my medication (yet again)?

          Cheers,

          Bob

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008

            I would think he would want their post to be fish related so take your drugs Bob or sing a song oops tht was Bing.

            Al Anderson

            6246 N.Rural St.

            Indianapolis IN. 46220

            augustand@...

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
              OK....   let me try to clarify to end the confusion.

              New people will be put on moderation for the 1st post.

                If the 1st post is fish related...Mark will REMOVE them from MODERATION,   NOT from  "THE LIST. "

              Bob had it right Al,    he gets to keep his drugs in the bottle......   :>)

              .....Ginny

              augustand@sbcglobal .net

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008

                ;-o

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008

                  Oh darn, and I was so hoping….

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
                    give him a break
                    he just had a fish bowl margarita
                    and slurred a little
                    :-)
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008

                      If the first post is fish-related, I'll remove new members from moderation so that they can post just like everyone else.  If the first post is spam, I'll ban them from the group.

                      Mark

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
                        I thought you said it correctly the first time. So did others. No need to explain yourself twice for one person who didn't get it the first time.

                        Scotty

                        www.TheBreastCancerSite.com  (click everyday!)
                        Live, Love, Laugh Often!