Re: [anubiasdesign] Re: Duck Weed

  • Larry Tagrin
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 4, 2008
      Duckweek also inhibits jumping.  I've got lots of gobies, bettas, and killies in tanks with sloppy covers and have no jumping problem.

      On 2/4/08, Redragon40@... <Redragon40@...> wrote:

      Duckweed has some good points, too.
      If you have a tank with a heavy bioload, it is a God-send.  Whenever you have a quarantine or uncycled tank set up, it acts as a wonderful deterrant to jumping, as well as being a biofilter.  I always add a huge blob of java moss and several scoops of duckweed to any bare tank.  The fish seem to feel secure and settle down quickly.  In a fry tank, it is also great.

      Carol   < ' )))><

      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 5, 2008
        Metronidazole for everybody ... works on gill flukes after all

        TBarber <terbarb@...> wrote:
        Hate to put a damper on the aquatic salad....... but there have been cases of people getting liver flukes from eating water plants.

        Terry Barber