Re: Keeping shrimp

  • newjohnshrimp
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
      When feeding Shrimp
      The biggest concern is over feeding.

      Shrimp will feed on the Micro-Organism that are growing in the tank and
      only need to be fed small amount of man made foods.

      I feed my Shrimp finely crushed flake food.

      I have 27 tnaks that contain only Inverts and all are doing fine on
      this feeding method.

      John
    • CALDWELL ,ROBERT
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
        Thank you all for your input. I just have a small colony of about 40 cherry shrimp but am expecting some tiger shrimp soon. I had just read about crab bites in researching care and wondered how important they were. Thanks again.

        To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com
        From: galaxie_pete@...
        Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 02:27:42 +0000
        Subject: [anubiasdesign] Re: Keeping shrimp

        Those are the only ones I know of... What type of shrimp are you
        feeding? I have kept some crayfish and shrimp. I don't feed them crab
        food though, I tried it but seen no difference. Pellets and brine
        along with the occasional accidental fry are their staples in my
        tanks. They all seem to thrive the more BBS I feed.

        Pete

        --- In anubiasdesign@ yahoogroups. com, "rcaldwell_2424"

      • joesbirds@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
          One thing about the crab bites as well is that it contains calcium and iodine. Something that can be useful in shedding. Though those items can be taken from other sources as well.
          joey

          To: anubiasdesign@ yahoogroups. com
          From: galaxie_pete@ yahoo.com
          Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 02:27:42 +0000

        • d3dd@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
            I like filter feeding shrimp. They get some of the powdery fry
            food, Hikari First Bites, every few days.

            My hope is this gives them a few extra
            vitamins/minerals. It does contain an
            iodine.

            Donna/ Kansas