Re: Guppy grass

  • Dan McMonigle
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Guppy grass, AKA cichlid candy, Najas guadaloupensis, is rampant here.
      The Greater Akron fall auction this Sunday is sure to have some bags of
      it and they are likely to sell reasonable or if there are a lot, really
      cheap. I put a little of it in my pond this spring and there must be a
      4 foot by 6 foot section where it has completely filled in, and chunks
      of it everywhere in a 9' by 16' pond. I don't return pond plants to an
      aquarium. Who knows what pond life is in it, sure to be snail eggs,
      dragonfly eggs, six kinds of algae, etc.! I took a lot of Najas out of
      my tanks two weeks ago so it hasn't filled back in yet, but it probably
      will soon.