P. deissneri - was Re: I'm Back + July Open House

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2007
      Joey,
      I don't remember what the sex ratio was on the P. deissneri. They
      only fully color up for spawning, so the best way to sex them is to
      look at the finnage. The males' dorsal is longer and there may be
      some pattern visible in the dorsal and caudal. This species does
      best in a tank by itself or with smaller tankmates such as a school
      of Boraras. I'm not sure how well they'll do in a community
      situation, especially with a fish like rams, which will tend to eat
      all the food very quickly. A 5 to 10 gal tank is all you need for
      the licorice gouramies, and I'd recommend getting them into one
      asap. They're just too shy to compete for food with more aggressive
      eaters.
      Mark

      Also do you know if P dessenari. I