839Re: [Antonin Artaud] Re: "What is an Artaudian"?

  • Gilberto Profeta
    Aug 6, 2007
      Sorry for my English, "I use the international language, Wrong-English".
      Be careful about Deleuxe-Guattari versus Artaud, may be that Body without Organs (BWO) of Deleuze-Guattari has nothing to have with Artaud! These authors studied Artaud likes a schizophrenic, but Artaud don't have had this enthomological label by his "mad"cine-men! Deleuze-Guattari have studied BWO from psychanalysis and marxism points of view, but Artaud said "NO!" to both. Also be careful about psychiatric or lacanian lecture of Artaud: Artaud is to be read as a human being, only, and not as a madman... "Being an Artaudian is perhaps being simply human". For me, with BWO Artaud said only that, to understand Humanity, it is necessary to abandon the biological analogy of sex/Freud and hungry/Marx. Hungry is metaphor of "all organs" and includes sex. To understand BWO it is a long way, but a key is the love's history of Peter Abelard-emasculated and Heloise, played by Artaud in "Le Sexe en Verre ou La Vitre d'Amour", of 1925.
      The death pulsion is not "in" man, it is out; the man is only Eros, poieseis, criativity in a dynamic culture or a amorphous matter portion in a cristalized one.

      michael david <smout_uk@...> escreveu:
      Hi -

      Your last statement is exactly
      right......'the intensity of merely walking across a
      room.' That's IT, the Artaudian experience: being
      mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually
      alert to the intense, fleeting meaning of each and
      every moment you INHABIT.

      Best,

      Mike David

      --- Ruana <x_tra2007@...> wrote:

      > I feel that the Artaudian is the revealer of his own
      > Utopia at every moment of the pains that being alive
      > imply. Being an Artaudian is perhaps being simply
      > human.
      >
      > harshunclear@... wrote:
      >
      > The Deleuzo-Guattarian reading of Artaud is great,
      > yes, but I feel that this focus on the body and the
      > cruelty of organs ("what organ more cruel than the
      > heart, etc")Â can only be comprehended in a truly
      > schizophrenic experience. The idea that through
      > cosmic cruelty one will reveal some hidden reality
      > is too surrealist, I think-- It might be too naive.
      >
      > To learn to see gesticulations as hieroglyphs, to
      > feel the condition of the body in the way Artaud
      > speaks, the lengths he goes to stress these, his
      > schizophrenic mythologies and his poetics-- These
      > can most likely only be understood through
      > psychosis.
      >
      > "I would like to write a book that would drive men
      > mad"--Â How, then, to actually put this theater,
      > with its language of cruelty, of gestures, where
      > speech takes on the speech of dreams-- How can
      > anyone really pull this off?
      >
      > Perhaps to be Artaudian is to realize that the
      > Theatre of Cruelty is something that always
      > surpasses our attempts at realizing it...
      >
      > What I say:Â You cannot expect anyone to apply
      > Artaudian ideas in theater that HAS NOT smelled
      > burnt bomb, seen cruelty and felt body nausea: You
      > have to see noses and limbs floating in space, see
      > human beings in their daily movements as
      > hieroglyphic imprints of a global nausea.Â
      >
      > The precise language of gestures and movements--
      > This can only be truly realized through Artaudian
      > principles by those who can comprehend the intensity
      > of merely walking across a room.

      > - SP Conrad -

      Deleuzian-becoming-you-becoming-me-us-becoming-other-becoming-them.

> [...]
      > false beliefs and sordid influence might well FIND
      > Artaud RETCHING at its WRETCHEDNESS.
      >
      > A TRUE MEANING of FREEdom as Artaud advocated is in
      > a PURE THEATRE or
      > PERFORMANCE. This is what I think, feel and
      > BELIEVE.
      >
      > Theatre or performance like the knights that claim
      > drugs, under necessary conditions of
      > caution and EXPERIMENTation are inseparable from
      > the deployment of planes where
      > BECOMINGS of the impossible BECOME POSSIBLE.
      >
      > The imperceptible itself becomes NECESSARILY
      > perceived as MOLECULAR perception,
      > arriving at holes - (including wormholes) in the
      > fabric of the social dimensions, micro-
      > intetrvals between matters, colours and sounds
      > engulfing lines of flight, transparency and
      > intersection.
      >
      > The invisible becoming visible and the visible
      > vanishing to invisibility and objects
      > disappear and others appear like magic and alchemy
      > in a PLAY between absence present
      > and absent presence with performer-becoming-shaman.
      > Such alchemical magic IS
      > DESIREd in the Holy Theatre of English director
      > Peter Brook, Lin Hixson in the United States
      > with Goat Island or Romeo Castelluci in Italy with
      > Societas Rafaello Sanzio.
      >
      > THE BODY through its ENERGY of sheer PERFORMANCE
      > PRESENCE TRANSFORMS
      > MOLECULARLY WITH THE AUDIENCE from one body to
      > an-other's into a HEIGHTENED
      > STATE , IMPELLING US to SEE OURSELVES AS WE REALLY
      > ARE, BEYOND THIS, THE SOCIAL
      > FUGUE. In an ECSTATIC TRANCE, US, TOGETHER BEGIN
      > MAKING THE MASKS FALL, in order
      > to REVEAL OUR COLLECTIVE unconscious – a HIDDEN
      > PSYCHE divulging OUR WORLD's LIES,
      > THE REALity of THIS WORLD and its aimlessness,
      > meanness and even two-facedness WE
      > shake off THE STIFLING, MATERIAL DULLness
      > overcoming THE SENSES clearest testimony
      > and EXPOSE THE DARK POWERS AND EVIL, CRUELTY of OUR
      > NATURE in order to BE BEYOND
      > THIS MARASMUS like OUR THEATRES OF WARS such as the
      > CIRCUS MAXIMUS of IRAQ WE
      > HAVE CREATED or REAL TRUE To LIFE Hollywood
      > blockbusters like (9)11th September
      > 2001.
      >
      > Without THIS BEING,-BECOMING-, a TOTAL
      > PHYSIOLOGICAL REVOLuTion then NOTHING
      > CAN BE CHANGED. And it is through the PURIFYING
      > PLAGUE of a THEATRE PERFORMANCE's
      > CATHARTIC TRANSFORMATION; THIS, ITS sheer PRESENCE
      > of MOLECUAR ENERGY within
      > SPACEs that THIS WILL take PLACE.
      >
      > Our addictions, whether to drugs, materialism or
      > pleasure seeking activities such as the
      > excesses of capitalism's needless consumerism and
      > its wide screen plasma television
      > screen sets, internet "surfing" "entertainment",
      > Hollywood blockbusters, window
      > shopping-retail therapy or extreme sports are but a
      > veil to THE VOID within and this even
      > includes romantic LOVE. That is not to say I am not
      > FREE of BEING guilty by indulging in
      > such THINGS.
      >
      > Happiness is merely the avoidance of TRUTH and the

      === message truncated ===

      Flickr agora em português. Você cria, todo mundo vê. Saiba mais.