Re: another point of view

  • Sébastien Letocart
    Message 1 of 47 , Jul 1, 2008

      --- In antonbrucknerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jorge F" <jorge_salema@...> wrote:

      > Almost everything is questionable, if you want to.

      Dear Jorge, Nicolas did not speak about "everything" concerning the finale of B9 but about the total length and the definitve number of missing bifolios of this movement. There is different hypothesis, from our point of view, all very disputable. What is sure about this is that we do not know...

      Do not forget that the complete 9th sym. was a work in progress, especially the finale.

      Best regards,

      Sébastien

      > But I was only referring to opinions I read in the latest edition of
      > TBJ, where I have noticed at least (I have not read the whole edition
      > yet) two, and it was quite obvious to me that the authors still believe
      > the number of missing bifolios is much bigger than it actually is,
      > according to info you may of course contest, but the authors of the
      > opinions seem to ignore any kind of related info intentionally.
      >
      > I do not count anymore people who just refuse to accept things may be
      > different from what they heard they are. I was just expecting Bruckner
      > lovers to be more interested in having such masterpiece completed, but
      > seems some still think about "heresy" and other non-scientific issues.
      >
      > It is not my problem though. AFAIK, it also happened to Mahler Tenth,
      > and, has I have discovered recently, Sussmayer's Requiem is highly
      > questioned although hugely spread.
      >
      > It is a question of time, completions being accepted or not, and I hope
      > to be around when such time comes.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Jorge

    • Sébastien Letocart
      Message 47 of 47 , Jul 3, 2008

        --- In antonbrucknerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Gert Van Gelder" <gertvangelder@...> wrote:

        > take my word for it, the opinions I have opted yesterday are true.

        True?... Or what you think you have understand?

        > Letocart and I were awaiting Couton because he was in traffic, and
        > during our first conversation Letocart spoke his opinion on the
        > Carragan Completion.

        I probably said that Carragan's completion is stylistically more free, has more fantasy than in the SPCM/SC completion. If you do not understand the difference with what you continue to claim, so I think that nobody can do anything for you.

        Sébastien