Re: [Y! Bruckner] Bruckner Movie Encore, what again?

  • Gert Van Gelder
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hi Jack,

      That is a question I can't answer. I can look it up for you.
      How do you like the images of Bruckner and Nikish on 'Blanc Kunstverlag'?
      Nice isn't it?

      Gert

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2005
        Hi Jack,

        I found Franz Hanfstaengl (1804-1877) did much photography on Liszt,
        Schumann and
        Chopin, but till now that is as far as I got in the search.

        Regards,
        Gert

        > I read once that Schumann, my favorite, was the first composer to
        > have been photographed (daguerreotype, c.a. 1850). Is this true?
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Jack
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jack Kelso
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2005
          Very nice images of the paintings and photography! Many famous
          portraits. Nice gallery...

          Jack

          Gert Van Gelder wrote:

          > Hi Jack,
          >
          > That is a question I can't answer. I can look it up for you.
          > How do you like the images of Bruckner and Nikish on 'Blanc
          > Kunstverlag'?
          > Nice isn't it?
          >
          > Gert

        • Jack Kelso
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2005
            Hi Gert,

            I think Schumann was photographed the first time in 1845, the
            famous one where he's resting his head on his hand. It's true, I
            know of no photo of Mendelssohn....

            Thanks for checking!

            Jack