RE: [antlr-interest] Re: Managed to compile under .Net !!

  • Karl Meissner
    Message 1 of 57 , Jul 2, 2003
      This would help me too. The whole rest of the project ( 10 to 20 developers) is in C#. It is
      all MsDev.

      Getting the sun java install out of the build/release chain would simplify a lot.

      --- Andrew Deren <andrew@...> wrote:
      > I was also able to use J# to generate Tool.exe file for .NET
      > As Tom mentioned, there was only one change needed, which it seems Microsoft
      > team missed from their java library implementation.
      > There are quite a few warnings, but I used the .NET tool for couple of my
      > projects and works same as java version.
      > I don't know about a legal issue, but I think it would be good if antlr
      > would provide .NET version of tool. Especially for people who only use the
      > C# version (me). It's easier to integrate into VS and is only one 500K
      > executable file.
      > Andrew

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Pete Forman
      Message 57 of 57 , Jul 16, 2003
        At 2003-07-15 21:14 +1000, Robert Colquhoun wrote:
        >At 08:54 AM 15/07/2003 +0100, Pete Forman wrote:
        > >Not true. Here's a simple example of it working.
        >
        >And here is another example:
        >[of dependency management not working]

        Ouch.

        >Things get worse as soon as interfaces, Class.forName(), reflection, custom
        >class loaders etc start getting used.

        Yes indeed.

        --
        Pete Forman -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
        WesternGeco -./\.- by myself and does not represent