Column Identification

  • Neil Benn
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2002
      Hello,

      I'm very sorry to be posting so many questions, I'm afraid I
      have another. I'd also like to thank the people who have responded to
      me!

      I'm looking to obtain column and line information for the
      parser. I have line information sorted out but am confused with the
      column identification. Looking at the jdocs for the antlr package
      (2.7.0), the Token class has a getter/setter for Column. However
      calling this just results in a zero.

      Looking at the docs on the antlr documentation page, they seem
      to be out of date with my version as it talks about overriding consume
      and providing a getColumn method.
      The getColumn method is already there and looking at the FAQ
      asking the same thing - it says - 'do not override consume'.
      There is a comment later that I need to provide the input stream
      in binary mode. Therefore I have created a FileInputStream which
      obtains a stream of bytes and sent this in but to no avail the column
      number still sits at one.

      These conflicting statements have confused me slightly - please
      could you let me know the best way to provide column information on the
      location of a token.

      Thanks, once again for your assistance.

      Cheers,

      Neil Benn
      Senior Automation Informatics Scientist

      Cambridge Antibody Technology
      The Science Park
      Melbourn
      Cambridgeshire
      SG8 6JJ, UK

      Telephone: + 44 (0) 1763 263233
      Facsimile + 44 (0) 1763 263413
      Email: mailto:neil.benn@...
      http://www.cambridgeantibody.com

      Cambridge Antibody Technology Limited *
      Registered Office: The Science Park, Melbourn, Cambridgeshire, SG8 6JJ,
      UK Registered in England and Wales number 2451177
      (* Cambridge Antibody Technology Limited is a member of the Cambridge
      Antibody Technology Group of Companies)

      Confidentiality Note: This information and any attachments is
      confidential and only for use by the individual or entity to whom it has
      been sent. Any unauthorised dissemination, distribution or copying of
      this message is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
      recipient please inform the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
    • Anakreon Mejdi
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2002
        I am new in antlr too but will try to help if I can.
        In the version of antlr (2.7.1) the column information works fine.
        If I call getColumn() from a Token it gives the correct column and the
        Lexer or Parser have done nothing special for that.

        If you have an old version try to update antlr.