Please help: ANTLR and XTAL (re-post)

  • tdknghi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2002
      Hi all,

      I'm currently having a problem in running one of the examples
      provided in antlr - the "java" example.

      The "java" example is running smoothly without any error when we just
      install the antlr, however, once we put the XTAL1.1 into the machine,
      the "java" example won't work anymore. It keeps displaying the error
      messages <see below> when we try to compile the "java" example. We
      are sure the XTAL itself is working as we can run those examples in
      XTAL without any errors. We also have no problems in running other
      examples in antlr.

      Does anyone have the same problem as me or does anyone know how to
      solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

      <error message when compile the "java" example>

      G:\>cd G:\trial code\antlr-2.6.0\examples\java

      G:\trial code\antlr-2.6.0\examples\java>java antlr.Tool java.tree.g
      ANTLR Parser Generator Version 2.6.0 1989-1999 MageLang Institute
      panic: Error reading importVocab file 'JavaTokenTypes.txt'

      G:\trial code\antlr-2.6.0\examples\java>java antlr.Tool java.g
      ANTLR Parser Generator Version 2.6.0 1989-1999 MageLang Institute

      G:\trial code\antlr-2.6.0\examples\java>java antlr.Tool java.tree.g
      ANTLR Parser Generator Version 2.6.0 1989-1999 MageLang Institute

      G:\trial code\antlr-2.6.0\examples\java>javac *.java
      JavaRecognizer.java:1600: incompatible types
      found : antlr.collections.AST
      required: xtal.base.XMLBase
      returnTypeBrackersOnEndOfMethodHead_AST = typ;
      ^
      JavaRecognizer.java:1723: incompatible types
      found : antlr.collections.AST
      required: xtal.base.XMLBase
      declaratorBrackets_AST=typ;
      ^
      JavaRecognizer.java:2084: incompatible types
      found : antlr.collections.AST
      required: xtal.base.XMLBase
      parameterDeclaratorBrackets_AST = t;
      ^
      Main.java:84: cannot access ASTFactory
      bad class file: G:\trial code\xtal1.1\ASTFactory.class
      class file contains wrong class: antlr.ASTFactory
      Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of
      the classpa
      th.
      ASTFactory factory = new ASTFactory();
      ^