Java source to C/C++ source translator

  • tmather
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2002
      I'm interested in writing a Java to C++ or C source code translator
      using ANTLR. I was wondering if anybody has done this or would
      be interested in this project.

      This could be done using the Java 1.3 and tree grammer to parse the
      Java source code, then using the parse tree to output C++ and/or C.
      To convert from using the Java libraries we could use the C++ STLport
      library.

      I'd like to use this to create a C++ or C version of the Apache POI
      libraries. POI is an open source library to access OLE/Excel/MSWord
      files, and is written in Java.

      Thanks,
      TJ