ANTLR and Eclipse

  • Greg Smolyn
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 4 12:28 PM
      Hi!

      I remember some talk about an eclipse plugin for Antlr.
      What's the status on that? I'd be glad to lend a hand on the development
      effort if necessary.
      I'm currently using Antlr to build an aspect-oriented version of C, and our
      main development environment is Eclipse (hey, we're a research lab. :)

      Thanks!

      --
      Greg Smolyn (smolyn@...)
      Software Practices Lab, UBC
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 4 12:34 PM
        On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 12:28 PM, Greg Smolyn wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > I remember some talk about an eclipse plugin for Antlr.
        > What's the status on that? I'd be glad to lend a hand on the
        > development
        > effort if necessary.
        > I'm currently using Antlr to build an aspect-oriented version of C, and
        > our
        > main development environment is Eclipse (hey, we're a research lab. :)

        I made a very good first stab at making mods to 2.7.2a2 but need to do
        some more work according to Marco van Meegen. I am hoping to get some
        more antlr time in a week or two. :)

        Chief Scientist & Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
      • Greg Smolyn
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 4 12:39 PM
          > I made a very good first stab at making mods to 2.7.2a2 but need to do
          > some more work according to Marco van Meegen. I am hoping to get some
          > more antlr time in a week or two. :)

          Cooll!
          Right now I'm just using the ANT integration to run antlr, so it's no big
          slow down. But the possibilty of syntax highlighting and a little less
          roundabout method of building is very nifty. :)

          Thanks Ter!

          --
          Greg Smolyn (smolyn@...)
          Software Practices Lab, UBC
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 4 12:41 PM
            On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 12:39 PM, Greg Smolyn wrote:

            >> I made a very good first stab at making mods to 2.7.2a2 but need to do
            >> some more work according to Marco van Meegen. I am hoping to get some
            >> more antlr time in a week or two. :)
            >
            > Cooll!
            > Right now I'm just using the ANT integration to run antlr, so it's no
            > big
            > slow down. But the possibilty of syntax highlighting and a little less
            > roundabout method of building is very nifty. :)
            >
            > Thanks Ter!

            I just wish I could spend more time on this :)

            Chief Scientist & Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
          • tjuergeleit
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 6, 2002
              --- In antlr-interest@y..., Greg Smolyn <smolyn@c...> wrote:
              > Hi!
              >
              > I remember some talk about an eclipse plugin for Antlr.
              > What's the status on that? I'd be glad to lend a hand on the
              development
              > effort if necessary.
              > I'm currently using Antlr to build an aspect-oriented version of C,
              and our
              > main development environment is Eclipse (hey, we're a research
              lab. :)

              > Thanks!
              >
              > --
              > Greg Smolyn (smolyn@c...)
              > Software Practices Lab, UBC
              > http://www.cs.ubc.ca/labs/spl/

              Hi,
              take a look on the new folder 'Eclipse Plugins' in this group's file
              area.

              I uploaded two plugins for Eclipse 2.0 (tested with stable release
              F2):
              - ANTLR 2.7.2a packaged as an plugin for Eclipse 2.0
              - UI plugin for ANTLR 2.7.2a

              Unzip both in the plugin directory of your Eclipse installation.
              In the README files you will find some information (but only a little
              bit right now ;-).

              Cheers,
              Torsten
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 6, 2002
                On Thursday, June 6, 2002, at 05:46 AM, tjuergeleit wrote:
                > Hi,
                > take a look on the new folder 'Eclipse Plugins' in this group's file
                > area.
                >
                > I uploaded two plugins for Eclipse 2.0 (tested with stable release
                > F2):
                > - ANTLR 2.7.2a packaged as an plugin for Eclipse 2.0
                > - UI plugin for ANTLR 2.7.2a
                >
                > Unzip both in the plugin directory of your Eclipse installation.
                > In the README files you will find some information (but only a little
                > bit right now ;-).

                Heh cool! So, when is Eclipse gonna be ported to OS X, the system built
                by the gawds?

                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 7, 2002
                  --- In antlr-interest@y..., Terence Parr <parrt@j...> wrote:

                  > On Thursday, June 6, 2002, at 05:46 AM, tjuergeleit wrote:
                  > > Hi,
                  > > take a look on the new folder 'Eclipse Plugins' in this group's
                  file
                  > > area.
                  > >
                  > > I uploaded two plugins for Eclipse 2.0 (tested with stable release
                  > > F2):
                  > > - ANTLR 2.7.2a packaged as an plugin for Eclipse 2.0
                  > > - UI plugin for ANTLR 2.7.2a
                  > >
                  > > Unzip both in the plugin directory of your Eclipse installation.
                  > > In the README files you will find some information (but only a
                  little
                  > > bit right now ;-).
                  >
                  > Heh cool! So, when is Eclipse gonna be ported to OS X, the system
                  built
                  > by the gawds?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Ter
                  > --
                  > Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
                  > Creator, ANTLR Parser Generator: http://www.antlr.org

                  A preview of the port of Eclipse's SWT library to MacOS X can be
                  found at the very end of http://www.eclipse.org/platform/index.html

                  Cheers,
                  Torsten
                • tjuergeleit
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 7, 2002
                    --- In antlr-interest@y..., "tjuergeleit" <tjuergeleit@y...> wrote:
                    > --- In antlr-interest@y..., Terence Parr <parrt@j...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > On Thursday, June 6, 2002, at 05:46 AM, tjuergeleit wrote:
                    > > > Hi,
                    > > > take a look on the new folder 'Eclipse Plugins' in this group's
                    > file
                    > > > area.
                    > > >
                    > > > I uploaded two plugins for Eclipse 2.0 (tested with stable
                    release
                    > > > F2):
                    > > > - ANTLR 2.7.2a packaged as an plugin for Eclipse 2.0
                    > > > - UI plugin for ANTLR 2.7.2a
                    > > >
                    > > > Unzip both in the plugin directory of your Eclipse installation.
                    > > > In the README files you will find some information (but only a
                    > little
                    > > > bit right now ;-).
                    > >
                    > > Heh cool! So, when is Eclipse gonna be ported to OS X, the
                    system
                    > built
                    > > by the gawds?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks,
                    > > Ter
                    > > --
                    > > Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
                    > > Creator, ANTLR Parser Generator: http://www.antlr.org
                    >
                    > A preview of the port of Eclipse's SWT library to MacOS X can be
                    > found at the very end of http://www.eclipse.org/platform/index.html
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    > Torsten

                    Ups, wrong URL. Here's the right one:
                    http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-
                    home/dev.html

                    Cheers,
                    Torsten
                  • Bogdan Mitu
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002
                      Hi Ric,

                      The new PreservingFileWriter (java version) is not always deleting the
                      temporary files. I use WinXP, jdk1.3/1.4, ANTLR 2.7.2a1/a2. It seems that
                      the statement tmp_file.deleteOnExit(); is not enough. I added code to
                      explicitely delete tmp files at the end, and it's OK for me now:

                      finally {
                      if( tmp_file != null )
                      {
                      try { tmp_file.delete(); }
                      catch( Exception e ) { ; }

                      Attached is the source code.

                      Regards,
                      Bogdan

                      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002

                        On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 02:14:16AM -0700, Bogdan Mitu wrote:
                        > The new PreservingFileWriter (java version) is not always deleting the
                        > temporary files. I use WinXP, jdk1.3/1.4, ANTLR 2.7.2a1/a2. It seems that
                        > the statement tmp_file.deleteOnExit(); is not enough. I added code to
                        > explicitely delete tmp files at the end, and it's OK for me now:

                        Ack this was also reported a little while back. It's already fixed in the
                        repository (probably also in a after 2.7.2a2 snapshot on my antlr page).

                        Thanks for reporting though =)

                        "Never argue with an idiot, for they will bring you down to their
                        level and beat you with experience." --- Unknown
                      • Bogdan Mitu
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002
                          --- Ric Klaren <klaren@...> wrote:
                          > Hi,
                          >
                          > On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 02:14:16AM -0700, Bogdan Mitu wrote:
                          > > The new PreservingFileWriter (java version) is not always deleting the
                          > > temporary files. I use WinXP, jdk1.3/1.4, ANTLR 2.7.2a1/a2. It seems
                          > that
                          > > the statement tmp_file.deleteOnExit(); is not enough. I added code to
                          > > explicitely delete tmp files at the end, and it's OK for me now:
                          >
                          > Ack this was also reported a little while back. It's already fixed in the
                          > repository (probably also in a after 2.7.2a2 snapshot on my antlr page).

                          One question: isn't this feature slowing down things? I understand your
                          point in avoiding recompilation, but this can be accomplished in other ways
                          too (<shameless-advertisement> for instance, using my new Ant task
                          </shameless-advertisement>). Can you please consider making this feature
                          optional (through a command-line parameter)?

                          Thanks,
                          Bogdan

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002

                            On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 04:19:40AM -0700, Bogdan Mitu wrote:
                            > One question: isn't this feature slowing down things? I understand your
                            > point in avoiding recompilation, but this can be accomplished in other ways
                            > too (<shameless-advertisement> for instance, using my new Ant task
                            > </shameless-advertisement>). Can you please consider making this feature
                            > optional (through a command-line parameter)?

                            Uhm ever tried to suggest command-line parameter to Terence? <ducks-for-cover>

                            I don't quite see how ant can help recompilation problems in C++ projects
                            (behaves slightly different than java with the source and header files).
                            Does ant look at the contents of files? Unless I missed something when I
                            looked at it (<RANT TYPE="plz ignore ;)"> and hated it on sight, I don't
                            quite see the use of ant (mostly in C/C++ settting, for java it might be
                            way cool ;) ) Makefile's allow me to do things in a very flexible way and I
                            for as far as Makefile syntax can be cryptic it certainly beats XML, and
                            above all I don't want to install java just to run 'make', for me it was
                            already a big step to install java to run antlr =)</RANT>).

                            I discussed a bit about this feature with Terence I probably suggested
                            commandline stuff somewhere in that discussion (and miraculously walked
                            away with my head still attached to my shoulders ;) ).

                            If I look at compilation times then running antlr is probably less than 1%
                            of the time to compile the generated files (and without minimal remakes,
                            this probably will go into the 0.001% (okay I may be exagerating here.. but
                            it means that I would get lethal doses of caffeine)). My educated guess is
                            that in very few projects antlr's runtime is the biggest factor. So I'm
                            inclined to keep this thing the default. (if someone provides a 'clean'
                            patch I would not dream of objecting though)

                            Another option is extending the interface of Tool.java to select a
                            different output style (preserving/nonpreserving) for the openOutputFile
                            method. But I'm not 100% sure how this interacts with antlr's preprocessor
                            (tokenfiles are also part of the dependency tree). I looked a bit closer
                            and probably we should move the openOutputFile stuff to the codegenerators
                            where they can select the preferred PrintWriter, then have Tool.openoutput
                            file proxy on that method? Something along those lines at least.

                            Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn
                            disinclination to do so. --- Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See
                          • Bogdan Mitu
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002
                              --- Ric Klaren <klaren@...> wrote:
                              > I don't quite see how ant can help recompilation problems in C++ projects
                              > (behaves slightly different than java with the source and header files).
                              > Does ant look at the contents of files? Unless I missed something when I
                              > looked at it (<RANT TYPE="plz ignore ;)"> and hated it on sight, I don't
                              > quite see the use of ant (mostly in C/C++ settting, for java it might be
                              > way cool ;) )

                              I don't know much about C++ (<RETURN-RANT> more precisely, I don't want to
                              remember </RETURN-RANT>), so I speak only for Java environments. My Ant task
                              is looking at the imported token files and at the generated files, and only
                              if dates are wrong, it invokes ANTLR again. So it avoids all unnecessary
                              recompilation, except for cases when you add a whitespace in the grammar. It
                              also save time by not invoking ANTLR at all, when it's not necessary.

                              By the way, you can do the same in PreservingFileWriter; you have all
                              information required about supergrammars, imported files and generated files
                              collected during grammar analysis by ANTLR.

                              > Makefile's allow me to do things in a very flexible way and
                              > for as far as Makefile syntax can be cryptic it certainly beats XML

                              Just incidentally, the next incarnation of Ant (Ant 2) will be independent
                              of XML or other particular encoding, which I think it's a step in the right
                              direction.

                              > If I look at compilation times then running antlr is probably less than 1%
                              > of the time to compile the generated files (and without minimal remakes,
                              > this probably will go into the 0.001% (okay I may be exagerating here..
                              > but
                              > it means that I would get lethal doses of caffeine)). My educated guess is
                              > that in very few projects antlr's runtime is the biggest factor. So I'm
                              > inclined to keep this thing the default. (if someone provides a 'clean'
                              > patch I would not dream of objecting though)

                              You are probably right about times, it's more a psychological factor (<RANT>
                              against improvements that make things slower </RANT>). And it's my inability
                              to get grammars right from the first time that makes me ANTLR them several
                              times before having something to compile ;-) Or maybe it's because those
                              damned temporary files were making the Ant unit tests to fail from time to
                              time, and it took us two days to figure what's happening :-))

                              Anyway, I can live with it as default behavior.

                              Cheers,
                              Bogdan

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002

                                On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 06:19:29AM -0700, Bogdan Mitu wrote:
                                > I don't know much about C++ (<RETURN-RANT> more precisely, I don't want to
                                > remember </RETURN-RANT>),

                                Touche ;) I was a bit overbearing I guess sorry.

                                > so I speak only for Java environments. My Ant task
                                > is looking at the imported token files and at the generated files, and only
                                > if dates are wrong, it invokes ANTLR again. So it avoids all unnecessary
                                > recompilation, except for cases when you add a whitespace in the grammar. It
                                > also save time by not invoking ANTLR at all, when it's not necessary.

                                Ack, basically the same as make but with C++ it goes wrong on touching the
                                generated header file for the parser.

                                > By the way, you can do the same in PreservingFileWriter; you have all
                                > information required about supergrammars, imported files and generated files
                                > collected during grammar analysis by ANTLR.

                                In theory yes.. only making it work in the current codebase makes me less
                                enthousiastic. This info is basically non existent at the moment the
                                filewriter is created.

                                > > Makefile's allow me to do things in a very flexible way and
                                > > for as far as Makefile syntax can be cryptic it certainly beats XML
                                >
                                > Just incidentally, the next incarnation of Ant (Ant 2) will be independent
                                > of XML or other particular encoding, which I think it's a step in the right
                                > direction.

                                I'll most certainly will have a look at it again.

                                > > If I look at compilation times then running antlr is probably less than 1%
                                > > of the time to compile the generated files (and without minimal remakes,
                                > > this probably will go into the 0.001% (okay I may be exagerating here..
                                > > but
                                > > it means that I would get lethal doses of caffeine)). My educated guess is
                                > > that in very few projects antlr's runtime is the biggest factor. So I'm
                                > > inclined to keep this thing the default. (if someone provides a 'clean'
                                > > patch I would not dream of objecting though)

                                > You are probably right about times, it's more a psychological factor (<RANT>
                                > against improvements that make things slower </RANT>).

                                Mwoch together with the use of the extra buffering added in 2.7.2aX it will
                                probably even out ;) Win some lose some.

                                > And it's my inability to get grammars right from the first time that makes
                                > me ANTLR them several times before having something to compile ;-) Or maybe
                                > it's because those damned temporary files were making the Ant unit tests to
                                > fail from time to time, and it took us two days to figure what's happening
                                > :-))

                                It sometimes makes you wonder if a pencil and paper is more advanced than a
                                computer :) And we poor software developers are basically only outthere
                                frustrating ourselves (and eachother) ;)

                                > Anyway, I can live with it as default behavior.

                                We'll see what Terence cooks up with the new codegeneration stuff. And see
                                if we can squirrel setting a different printwriter away in it.

                                'And this 'rebooting' business? Give it a good kicking, do you?' 'Oh, no,
                                of course, we ... that is ... well, yes, in fact,' said Ponder. 'Adrian
                                goes round the back and ... er ... prods it with his foot. But in a
                                technical way,' he added. --- From: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002
                                  On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, at 05:02 AM, Ric Klaren wrote:

                                  > Hi,
                                  >
                                  > On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 04:19:40AM -0700, Bogdan Mitu wrote:
                                  >> One question: isn't this feature slowing down things? I understand your
                                  >> point in avoiding recompilation, but this can be accomplished in other
                                  >> ways
                                  >> too (<shameless-advertisement> for instance, using my new Ant task
                                  >> </shameless-advertisement>). Can you please consider making this
                                  >> feature
                                  >> optional (through a command-line parameter)?
                                  >
                                  > Uhm ever tried to suggest command-line parameter to Terence?
                                  > <ducks-for-cover>
                                  >
                                  > I don't quite see how ant can help recompilation problems in C++
                                  > projects
                                  > (behaves slightly different than java with the source and header files).
                                  > Does ant look at the contents of files? Unless I missed something when I
                                  > looked at it (<RANT TYPE="plz ignore ;)"> and hated it on sight, I don't
                                  > quite see the use of ant (mostly in C/C++ settting, for java it might be
                                  > way cool ;) ) Makefile's allow me to do things in a very flexible way
                                  > and I
                                  > for as far as Makefile syntax can be cryptic it certainly beats XML, and
                                  > above all I don't want to install java just to run 'make', for me it was
                                  > already a big step to install java to run antlr =)</RANT>).
                                  >
                                  > I discussed a bit about this feature with Terence I probably suggested
                                  > commandline stuff somewhere in that discussion (and miraculously walked
                                  > away with my head still attached to my shoulders ;) ).

                                  <snicker> Yeah, I get out the axe every time someone suggests a command
                                  line option. The PCCTS folks in the crowd thank me every time I resist
                                  I suspect ;) Anyway, I was kinda hoping to remove the complexity of the
                                  mechanism for not writing files, but Ric convinced me that it was pretty
                                  useful for C++. Actually why don't I just make that sensitive to the
                                  language option? If C++ then do the preservation thing. Make sense?

                                  Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002
                                    On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, at 06:19 AM, Bogdan Mitu wrote:
                                    > Just incidentally, the next incarnation of Ant (Ant 2) will be
                                    > independent
                                    > of XML or other particular encoding, which I think it's a step in the
                                    > right
                                    > direction.

                                    Me too...i'll take another look myself.

                                    For your info, Erik Hatcher, a cool cat that manages the Ant FAQ at
                                    jGuru, is done with his Ant book. Should be out soon:

                                    Java Development with Ant by Erik Hatcher and Steve Loughran
                                    ISBN 1930110-588 -- will be published August 1st
                                    Softbound, 450 pages, $44.95

                                    L8R G8Rs,
                                    Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
                                  • jsrs701
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002
                                      --- In antlr-interest@y..., Terence Parr <parrt@j...> wrote:
                                      > useful for C++. Actually why don't I just make that sensitive to
                                      the
                                      > language option? If C++ then do the preservation thing. Make
                                      sense?

                                      Okay, maybe I missed something completely obvious, but what the
                                      flippin' heck is this conversation all about?! Preservation thing?
                                      What is that? Why would C++ want it and Java not?

                                      And Ter, what's with your disdain for command-line parameters? I
                                      thought you's was a Unix dude! :-)

                                      At this point, I'd really like a system whereby ANTLR could produce
                                      MULTIPLE output formats from a single invocation, like (for a
                                      strictly hypothetical situation, *ahem*) outputing C++ code AND
                                      outputing the big diagnostic text files. I think a command line that
                                      supported that would be ducky.

                                      JSRS
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002
                                        On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, at 11:44 AM, jsrs701 wrote:

                                        > --- In antlr-interest@y..., Terence Parr <parrt@j...> wrote:
                                        >> useful for C++. Actually why don't I just make that sensitive to
                                        > the
                                        >> language option? If C++ then do the preservation thing. Make
                                        > sense?
                                        >>

                                        > Okay, maybe I missed something completely obvious, but what the
                                        > flippin' heck is this conversation all about?! Preservation thing?
                                        > What is that? Why would C++ want it and Java not?

                                        Just a means of not updating files that don't change when you run
                                        antlr. Reduces make's job.

                                        > And Ter, what's with your disdain for command-line parameters? I
                                        > thought you's was a Unix dude! :-)

                                        Well, I got a little option happy in PCCTS ;) Remember that anything
                                        you add lives forever ;)

                                        > At this point, I'd really like a system whereby ANTLR could produce
                                        > MULTIPLE output formats from a single invocation, like (for a
                                        > strictly hypothetical situation, *ahem*) outputing C++ code AND
                                        > outputing the big diagnostic text files. I think a command line that
                                        > supported that would be ducky.

                                        You could make a script that runs antlr twice ;)

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002
                                          --- In antlr-interest@y..., Terence Parr <parrt@j...> wrote:
                                          > > At this point, I'd really like a system whereby ANTLR could
                                          produce
                                          > > MULTIPLE output formats from a single invocation, like (for a
                                          > > strictly hypothetical situation, *ahem*) outputing C++ code AND
                                          > > outputing the big diagnostic text files. I think a command line
                                          that
                                          > > supported that would be ducky.
                                          >
                                          > You could make a script that runs antlr twice ;)

                                          Hm. A certain observation about the relative intelligence of the
                                          gluteal muscles comes to mind... :-)

                                          That is, of course, the obvious solution, given a scriptable
                                          environment. However (says the platform agnostic), I happen to be
                                          running in a Visual Studio environment, where that kind of stunt is
                                          extremely non-intuitive (and therefore unmaintainable), if not
                                          outright impossible in the IDE.

                                          Sigh.

                                          Hence my desire for cmd-line options.
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002
                                            On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, at 02:25 PM, jsrs701 wrote:

                                            > --- In antlr-interest@y..., Terence Parr <parrt@j...> wrote:
                                            >>> At this point, I'd really like a system whereby ANTLR could
                                            > produce
                                            >>> MULTIPLE output formats from a single invocation, like (for a
                                            >>> strictly hypothetical situation, *ahem*) outputing C++ code AND
                                            >>> outputing the big diagnostic text files. I think a command line
                                            > that
                                            >>> supported that would be ducky.
                                            >>
                                            >> You could make a script that runs antlr twice ;)
                                            >
                                            > Hm. A certain observation about the relative intelligence of the
                                            > gluteal muscles comes to mind... :-)

                                            <snicker>

                                            > That is, of course, the obvious solution, given a scriptable
                                            > environment. However (says the platform agnostic), I happen to be
                                            > running in a Visual Studio environment, where that kind of stunt is
                                            > extremely non-intuitive (and therefore unmaintainable), if not
                                            > outright impossible in the IDE.

                                            Can you subclass a few things and add the functionality?

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jun 11, 2002
                                              --- In antlr-interest@y..., Terence Parr <parrt@j...> wrote:
                                              > > That is, of course, the obvious solution, given a scriptable
                                              > > environment. However (says the platform agnostic), I happen to be
                                              > > running in a Visual Studio environment, where that kind of stunt
                                              is
                                              > > extremely non-intuitive (and therefore unmaintainable), if not
                                              > > outright impossible in the IDE.
                                              >
                                              > Can you subclass a few things and add the functionality?

                                              Eek, probably not right now. I've had about five minutes to work on
                                              my ANTLR project lately, and probably won't get much more in the near
                                              future. Then I'm off to play Army for five months.

                                              I'll look into it and, maybe, get back to you.

                                              (Is that ambiguous and noncommittal enough for ya? :)
                                            • glindholm
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Sep 2, 2002
                                                I downloaded Eclipse and the antlr plugins a couple days ago.
                                                From the Eclipse "Help Contents" table of contents window I now
                                                see an "ANTLR Reference Manual" book icon that I can open to see
                                                the chapter titles but trying to open a chapter gets me:

                                                "The topic that you have requested is not available. The link may be
                                                wrong, or you may not have the corresponding product feature
                                                installed. This online help only includes documentation for features
                                                that are installed."

                                                Did I miss an installation step? Anyone know how to fix?

                                                BTW: It was kinda difficult to find the Antlr Ecplise plugins,
                                                nothing on the antlr.org site or in the Antlr FAQ about Eclipse,
                                                that I could find.

                                                http://sourceforge.net/projects/antlreclipse/
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Sep 2, 2002
                                                  I will correct the missing reference to the plugin; I'll ref from the
                                                  ANTLR site. Ok, on main page.

                                                  I'm hoping to totally redo the website sometime this Fall.

                                                  Not sure about the doc link problem, btw.

                                                  Ter

                                                  --
                                                  Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com