Parsing data

  • inachu7777@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2001
      Hey there this is my first time getting back into programming since
      13 years ago.

      I am looking for a simple parsing program such as your but looking
      for one that is in javascript that IE and Netscape can read.

      my data example would look like this though.

      2324324343434datastreetdrive500500

      What would the code look like? under 10-15 lines of code I think.

      but the real sample of date would look like above data set but would
      fill up and entire 8X11 sheet of paper.

      Thanks for the support

      Inachu7777@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2001
        On Friday, November 2, 2001, at 06:38 AM, inachu7777@... wrote:

        > Hey there this is my first time getting back into programming since
        > 13 years ago.
        >

        > I am looking for a simple parsing program such as your but looking
        > for one that is in javascript that IE and Netscape can read.
        >

        > my data example would look like this though.
        >

        > 2324324343434datastreetdrive500500
        >
        > What would the code look like? under 10-15 lines of code I think.
        >
        > but the real sample of date would look like above data set but would
        > fill up and entire 8X11 sheet of paper.

        I don't know of a parser generator that generates parsers in
        JavaScript. I'd suggest doing one by hand for something so simple. See

        http://www.antlr.org/book/byhand.pdf (or .ps) for a good description of
        building parsers by hand.