some etiquette to raise the information/noise ratio

  • nedervol@xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 1:43 PM
      Folks,

      The information/noise ratio will be a lot higher if everyone would
      edit their messages. Some mail programs (most likely, Microsoft
      Outlook is the culprit here) automatically append the entire history
      of the interchange so we get to read it copied over and over and over
      and over and over again. The bloat is especially noticeable in the
      digest form.

      Your words are valuable, but this list is archived, so we don't need
      to see them more than the first time. Some requoting is often useful,
      but be judicious and don't let your mail program make the decision
      for you.

      (I would advise again letting any Microsoft product automatically make
      decisions for anybody.)

      Thanks.

      --Eric