new ANTLR user

  • Laurent Bollini
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 1999
      hello firstable,

      I'm a brand new ANTLR user, so new that I've already had a problem while
      trying
      to simply launch ANTLR !
      I'm working under Solaris 2.0 and got the 2.5.0 ANTLR tar.gz version.

      I successfully updated my PATH and CLASSPATH, but when I launch ANTLR
      without
      any argument I got a message telling me that a NoClassDefFoundError
      occured !
      Usually this only happens when a class is not in the path or does not
      exist.

      I tried to recompile this class and it worked, but now I've the same
      problem with another class...I guess I will at least have something
      working, but anyone can explain me how
      this is possible ? Does it has something to do with gzip or something
      else ? Did I forgot an option while uncompressing or un-taring ?

      Thanks for any information.

      Laurent.

      --
      Laurent Bollini - Texas Instruments France, LEAD3 group
      (BAIKA Team)
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 1999
        Laurent Bollini hath spoken:

        > hello firstable,
        >
        > I'm a brand new ANTLR user, so new that I've already had a problem while
        > trying
        > to simply launch ANTLR !
        > I'm working under Solaris 2.0 and got the 2.5.0 ANTLR tar.gz version.
        >
        > I successfully updated my PATH and CLASSPATH, but when I launch ANTLR without
        >
        > any argument I got a message telling me that a NoClassDefFoundError occured !
        >
        > Usually this only happens when a class is not in the path or does not exist.
        >
        > I tried to recompile this class and it worked, but now I've the same problem
        > with another class...I guess I will at least have something working, but
        > anyone can explain me how
        > this is possible ? Does it has something to do with gzip or something else ?
        > Did I forgot an option while uncompressing or un-taring ?

        the unzip program screwed up; when we tarred it back up, the .class files are a
        problem.

        Just do "javac *.java" and you'll be ok :)

        Sorry for the problem.
        Terence
      • Laurent Bollini
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 1999
          Terence Parr wrote:

          > From: "Terence Parr" <parrt@...>
          >
          > Laurent Bollini hath spoken:
          > >
          > > hello firstable,
          > >
          > > I'm a brand new ANTLR user, so new that I've already had a problem while
          > > trying
          > > to simply launch ANTLR !
          > > I'm working under Solaris 2.0 and got the 2.5.0 ANTLR tar.gz version.
          > >
          > > I successfully updated my PATH and CLASSPATH, but when I launch ANTLR without
          > >
          > > any argument I got a message telling me that a NoClassDefFoundError occured !
          > >
          > > Usually this only happens when a class is not in the path or does not exist.
          > >
          > > I tried to recompile this class and it worked, but now I've the same problem
          > > with another class...I guess I will at least have something working, but
          > > anyone can explain me how
          > > this is possible ? Does it has something to do with gzip or something else ?
          > > Did I forgot an option while uncompressing or un-taring ?
          >
          > the unzip program screwed up; when we tarred it back up, the .class files are a
          > problem.
          >
          > Just do "javac *.java" and you'll be ok :)
          >
          > Sorry for the problem.
          > Terence

          > Are you hogging all the fun?
          > http://www.ONElist.com
          > Friends tell friends about ONElist!

          Thanks a lot.

          About the C++ mode, I saw the sources under the cpp folder, but I don't know how
          to build them : is there any available makefile ?
          Sorry for disturbing this mailing list with such trivial questions...

          --
          Laurent Bollini - LEAD3 group
          (BAIKA Team)