Re: IRIX Compile Problems

  • Anna Winkler
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2000

      That automake information helped part of the problem. I was able to
      compile ANTLR 2.7.1 on IRIX 6.5.10. This is what I did:

      1- Added IRIX 6.5.10 stuff to config.hpp:
      //
      // IRIX MIPSPro Compiler
      //
      #ifdef __sgi
      #define HAS_NOT_CCTYPE_H
      #define HAS_NOT_CSTRING_H
      #define HAS_NOT_CSTDIO_H
      #endif // IRIX MIPSPro
      Compiler

      2- Run configure in lib/cpp with CC, CXX, and CXXFLAGS set.
      CC=cc CXX=CC CXXFLAGS=-LANG:std ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/antlr

      3- Run automake. You might need to change the mode of the Makefile.in
      files to +w so they can be written to.
      automake --include-deps

      4- Run make, then make install. I get this error for the link because
      CXXFLAGS is included in the final link, but it is able to still build
      libantlr.a:

      /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link CC -LANG:std -o libantlr.la -rpath
      /usr/local/antlr/lib -version-info 0:0:0 ANTLRException.lo
      ASTFactory.lo ASTRefCount.lo
      BaseAST.lo BitSet.lo CharBuffer.lo CharScanner.lo CommonAST.lo
      CommonASTWithHiddenTokens.lo CommonHiddenStreamToken.lo CommonToken.lo
      InputBuffer.lo LLkParser.lo LexerSharedInputState.lo
      MismatchedCharException.lo MismatchedTokenException.lo
      NoViableAltException.lo NoViableAltForCharException.lo Parser.lo
      ParserSharedInputState.lo RecognitionException.lo String.lo Token.lo
      TokenBuffer.lo TokenStreamBasicFilter.lo
      TokenStreamHiddenTokenFilter.lo TokenStreamSelector.lo TreeParser.lo
      TreeParserSharedInputState.lo
      ../libtool[1306]: ANG:std: not found
      libtool: link: warning: cannot determine absolute directory name of
      `ANG:std'
      libtool: link: passing it literally to the linker, although it might
      fail
      mkdir .libs
      ar cru .libs/libantlr.a ANTLRException.o ASTFactory.o ASTRefCount.o
      BaseAST.o BitSet.o CharBuffer.o CharScanner.o CommonAST.o
      CommonASTWithHiddenTokens.o CommonHiddenStreamToken.o CommonToken.o
      InputBuffer.o LLkParser.o LexerSharedInputState.o
      MismatchedCharException.o MismatchedTokenException.o
      NoViableAltException.o NoViableAltForCharException.o Parser.o
      ParserSharedInputState.o RecognitionException.o String.o Token.o
      TokenBuffer.o TokenStreamBasicFilter.o TokenStreamHiddenTokenFilter.o
      TokenStreamSelector.o TreeParser.o TreeParserSharedInputState.o

      And that's it. Please note that you can't compile ANTLR with the
      MIPSPro compiler on anything < 6.5.10 because SGI just fixed a big bug
      dealing with namespaces in that release.

      Thanks to everyone who helped for their help!

      --Anna

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 17, 2000

        On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 08:23:56PM -0000, Anna Winkler wrote:
        > That automake information helped part of the problem. I was able to
        > compile ANTLR 2.7.1 on IRIX 6.5.10. This is what I did:
        >
        > 1- Added IRIX 6.5.10 stuff to config.hpp:
        > //
        > // IRIX MIPSPro Compiler
        > //
        > #ifdef __sgi
        > #define HAS_NOT_CCTYPE_H
        > #define HAS_NOT_CSTRING_H
        > #define HAS_NOT_CSTDIO_H
        > #endif // IRIX MIPSPro
        > Compiler

        Thanks for the info. I'll add this to the repository (as soon as it is up
        again).

        I plan to get rid of the automake/libtool junk for the next release. They
        ought to make things easier but for antlr they fail miserably. (Or I should
        RTFM more :) ).

        > And that's it. Please note that you can't compile ANTLR with the
        > MIPSPro compiler on anything < 6.5.10 because SGI just fixed a big bug
        > dealing with namespaces in that release.

        I'll include this in the docs.

        > Thanks to everyone who helped for their help!

        And thank you for the results =)

        ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren@... ----- +31 4893722 ----
        Why don't we just invite them to dinner and massacre them all when they're
        drunk? You heard the man. There's seven hundred thousand of them.
        Ah? ... So it'd have to be something simple with pasta, then.
        --- From: Interesting Times by Terry Pratchet