Problem with ANTLR examples

  • coriat michel
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 25, 1998
      Dear Antlr users,

      I have downloaded and installed ANTLR 2.40 as described in install.html.
      I tried to compile the ASTsupport example by running the t.bat batch
      (under the Dos box of Windows NT) being in the directory of ASTsupport.
      The first two lines of t.bat:
      java antlr.Tool test.g
      javac *.java

      worked fine, generating the proper .java and .class files. But at the
      last line:
      java SupportTest

      I was told:
      "Can't find class SupportTest"

      I have tried with other delivered examples with the same result.

      What is the problem ? Can someone help me ?

      Thank you

      Michel
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 25, 1998
        coriat michel hath spake:
        >From: "coriat michel" <mcoriat@...>
        >
        >Dear Antlr users,
        >
        >I have downloaded and installed ANTLR 2.40 as described in install.html.
        >I tried to compile the ASTsupport example by running the t.bat batch
        >(under the Dos box of Windows NT) being in the directory of ASTsupport.
        >The first two lines of t.bat:
        > java antlr.Tool test.g
        > javac *.java
        >
        >worked fine, generating the proper .java and .class files. But at the
        >last line:
        > java SupportTest
        >
        >I was told:
        > "Can't find class SupportTest"
        >
        >I have tried with other delivered examples with the same result.
        >
        >What is the problem ? Can someone help me ?

        is your classpath set to have '.' in it?

        Ter
      • coriat michel
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 28, 1998
          I don't understand ? My CLASSPATH is:

          c:\program files\jdk1.1.6\lib\classes.zip;c:\Program
          Files\swing-1.0.2;c:\Program Files\antlr-4.0

          Michel

          >From: Terence Parr <parrt@...>
          >
          >coriat michel hath spake:
          >>From: "coriat michel" <mcoriat@...>
          >>
          >>Dear Antlr users,
          >>
          >>I have downloaded and installed ANTLR 2.40 as described in
          install.html.
          >>I tried to compile the ASTsupport example by running the t.bat batch
          >>(under the Dos box of Windows NT) being in the directory of
          ASTsupport.
          >>The first two lines of t.bat:
          >> java antlr.Tool test.g
          >> javac *.java
          >>
          >>worked fine, generating the proper .java and .class files. But at the
          >>last line:
          >> java SupportTest
          >>
          >>I was told:
          >> "Can't find class SupportTest"
          >>
          >>I have tried with other delivered examples with the same result.
          >>
          >>What is the problem ? Can someone help me ?
          >
          >is your classpath set to have '.' in it?
          >
          >Ter

        • John B. Brodie
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 28, 1998
            Pardon me for butting in....

            >From: "coriat michel" <mcoriat@...>
            >
            >I don't understand ? My CLASSPATH is:
            >
            >c:\program files\jdk1.1.6\lib\classes.zip;c:\Program
            >Files\swing-1.0.2;c:\Program Files\antlr-4.0
            ^^^^ ?

            >Michel

            I do not know very much about how a Windows machine should be
            setup.

            But on my Linux box the Antlr directory is `antlr-2.4.0`

            Hope this helps....
            -jbb
            ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
            John B. Brodie | Email : jbb@...
            ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
            (envision that your favorite witty saying appears here)
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 28, 1998
              John B. Brodie hath spake:
              >From: "John B. Brodie" <jbb@...>
              >
              >Pardon me for butting in....
              >
              >>From: "coriat michel" <mcoriat@...>
              >>
              >>I don't understand ? My CLASSPATH is:
              >>
              >>c:\program files\jdk1.1.6\lib\classes.zip;c:\Program
              >>Files\swing-1.0.2;c:\Program Files\antlr-4.0
              > ^^^^ ?
              >>
              >>Michel
              >
              >I do not know very much about how a Windows machine should be
              >setup.
              >
              >But on my Linux box the Antlr directory is `antlr-2.4.0`

              Also, put the dot character in as one of your path directories.
              Ter
            • coriat michel
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 29, 1998
                It works !