syntax error recovery strategies

  • Tom Moog
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 1999
      How does the error recovery strategy of antlr 2 differ
      from that of pccts 1.33 ?

      I don't mean in terms of procedure calls vs. exceptions,
      but in terms of the way it skips tokens (or doesn't) in order
      to resynchronize.

      Tom Moog
      Polhode, Inc.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 24, 1999
        Tom Moog hath spoken:
        >From: "Tom Moog" <tmoog@...>
        >

        >How does the error recovery strategy of antlr 2 differ
        >from that of pccts 1.33 ?
        >
        >I don't mean in terms of procedure calls vs. exceptions,
        >but in terms of the way it skips tokens (or doesn't) in order
        >to resynchronize.

        I think it resynchs to the FOLLOW of the rule by default. You can override.