test

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 14, 1998
      Did this go through?

      Terence
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 22, 2001
        heh, no traffic for 5 days...testing.

        Chief Scientist & Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
      • lemoine@multimania.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 22, 2001
          --- In antlr-interest@y..., Terence Parr <parrt@j...> wrote:
          > heh, no traffic for 5 days...testing.
          >
          > Ter
          > --
          > Chief Scientist & Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
          > Creator, ANTLR Parser Generator: http://www.antlr.org

          If you want to test, you can reply to the last post.
          I did not find how to do that.

          Thanks

          Hervé
        • chris.kuip@paragon.nl
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 22, 2001
            Dear Dr Parr,

            I was wondering too what is happening to this group.
            So here is some additional traffic.

            I have downloaded ANTLR and I am using it right now.
            I think you have done a wonderfull job by creating it

            I used to be a YACC addict (not LEX!) but by learning
            ANTLR I am quickly drying out of that habit.

            I am gratefull that you have made it publicly available.
            It is public (provided that an ANTLR user acknowledges
            he/she has used the ANTLR software in his/her
            documentation), isn't it?

            I have two additional questions:
            - It has been a year since ANTLR 2.7.1, the currently
            available version, has been published. Is there a
            new version coming up?
            - From the ANTLR web site you have made two initial
            chapters of your new book available. How is the work
            on that book going?

            Best Regards,

            Chris Kuip

            --- In antlr-interest@y..., Terence Parr <parrt@j...> wrote:
            > heh, no traffic for 5 days...testing.
            >
            > Ter
            > --
            > Chief Scientist & Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
            > Creator, ANTLR Parser Generator: http://www.antlr.org
          • Ruslan Zasukhin
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 23, 2001
              on 10/23/01 9:48, chris.kuip@... at chris.kuip@... wrote:

              > Dear Dr Parr,
              >
              > I was wondering too what is happening to this group.

              What is going on? :-)

              We all keep crossing fingers waiting when Ric and Terr
              prepare pre -final 2.7.2 version of ANTLR.

              I want to see optimization that Ric will include...

              > So here is some additional traffic.
              >
              > I have downloaded ANTLR and I am using it right now.
              > I think you have done a wonderfull job by creating it
              >
              > I used to be a YACC addict (not LEX!) but by learning
              > ANTLR I am quickly drying out of that habit.
              >
              > I am gratefull that you have made it publicly available.
              > It is public (provided that an ANTLR user acknowledges
              > he/she has used the ANTLR software in his/her
              > documentation), isn't it?
              >
              > I have two additional questions:
              > - It has been a year since ANTLR 2.7.1, the currently
              > available version, has been published. Is there a
              > new version coming up?

              yes, and we wait for it.

              --
              Best regards,
              Ruslan Zasukhin

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 23, 2001
                Dear Mr. Zasukhin

                If I sounded pushing, I apologize. I didn't intend to be.

                Best Regards,
                Chris Kuip.

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 23, 2001

                  On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 11:52:37AM -0000, chris.kuip@... wrote:
                  > If I sounded pushing, I apologize. I didn't intend to be.

                  =) Ruslan is usually a lot pushier than you =) ;) ;) ;)

                  It seems I have some more breathing space now than in the past weeks. I
                  hope to finish up real soon now in my branch. After that merging with
                  Terence for a prerelease 2.7.2 shouldn't take that much time.

                  I'm quite positive we'll manage to push it out by the end of next year.....

                  Wit is cultured insolence. - Aristotle
                • Ruslan Zasukhin
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 23, 2001
                    on 10/23/01 15:33, Ric Klaren at klaren@... wrote:

                    >> If I sounded pushing, I apologize. I didn't intend to be.
                    >
                    > =) Ruslan is usually a lot pushier than you =) ;) ;) ;)

                    Oh yes!!!

                    I believe I will have some more optimizations for you later :-)

                    > It seems I have some more breathing space now than in the past weeks. I
                    > hope to finish up real soon now in my branch. After that merging with
                    > Terence for a prerelease 2.7.2 shouldn't take that much time.
                    >
                    > I'm quite positive we'll manage to push it out by the end of next year.....

                    this will be great.

                    --
                    Best regards,
                    Ruslan Zasukhin

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 23, 2001
                      On Tuesday, October 23, 2001, at 05:33 AM, Ric Klaren wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 11:52:37AM -0000, chris.kuip@... wrote:
                      >> If I sounded pushing, I apologize. I didn't intend to be.
                      >
                      > =) Ruslan is usually a lot pushier than you =) ;) ;) ;)
                      >
                      > It seems I have some more breathing space now than in the past weeks. I
                      > hope to finish up real soon now in my branch. After that merging with
                      > Terence for a prerelease 2.7.2 shouldn't take that much time.
                      >
                      > I'm quite positive we'll manage to push it out by the end of next
                      > year.....

                      Yep. I'm madly running diff on Ric's branch with the main line code to
                      see what has happened while I've been "asleep" ;) My favorite line is
                      "huh...did I write that?"

                      Teaser: i'm anticipating another "Dr. T's Traveling Parsing Revival and
                      Beer Tasting Festival" workshop next April or so in San Francisco Bay
                      Area. I want to focus on tree construction, translation, and output
                      generation. Lots of stuff brewing from the mysterious
                      ANTLR-sleeper-agent-extraordinaire at JPL, Loring Craymer. I've got
                      some splendiferous output/generation grammar stuff brewing also that I
                      use to generate the jGuru.com website etc... Heh maybe we can get Ric's
                      university to fly him here or we can all chip in a few drachmas to
                      attenuate the cost. He can also sleep down on Haight street here in SF
                      with the hippies to save money and I here Eucalyptus tree bark makes
                      good soup (or was that the stuff that turns you into a hippy?). ;)

                      First priority is getting 2.7.2 out...

                      Chief Scientist & Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com