ANTLR 2.7.0 Strange behaviour

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      Hi,

      Has someone ever seen this error message/behaviour:

      antlr -diagnostic -traceParser parser.g
      ANTLR Parser Generator Version 2.7.0 1989-2000 MageLang's jGuru.com
      Unhandled parser error: expecting "Lexer", found 'Parser'
      make: *** [antlr] Error 1

      This behavious is randomly interleaved with strange 'hangups' of
      antlr (i.e. cpu usage shoots to 100% and no progress) and also succesfull
      runs.

      This is observed on Sun Ultra 10, Solaris 2.6, and Sun's java:

      java version "1.2.1"
      Solaris VM (build Solaris_JDK_1.2.1_04, native threads, sunwjit)

      antlr itself and the grammar are located on NFS drives.

      Is it plausible that this behaviour is due to antlr? Or should I look at
      the local system/installation?

      TIA,

      'And this 'rebooting' business? Give it a good kicking, do you?' 'Oh, no,
      of course, we ... that is ... well, yes, in fact,' said Ponder. 'Adrian
      goes round the back and ... er ... prods it with his foot. But in a
      technical way,' he added. --- From: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.