ANTLR, C++ and UNICODE

  • Peggy Fieland
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2005
      What is the state of UNICODE support for ANTLR C++
      mode? I need to support UNICODE input. Is there a
      patch I can apply?

      Thanks.

      Peggy
    • Martin Probst
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2005
        Hi Peggy,
        the basic answer is "no" as far as I know. But that's not really a
        problem as you can easily accept UTF-8 input by writing a Lexer that
        accepts UTF-8 input. You can also achieve UCS-2 or whatever support that
        way - just implement your lexer according to that spec.

        So the Unicode support is somewhat do-it-yourselfish at the moment.

        Regards,
        Martin