literals in lexer ...

  • hkhidhir
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 12, 1999
      Hi All, thanks for the help with the string grammer.
      I have a question:
      when I define literals in the lexer, example:

      literal="end";
      literal="of";
      literal="statement";

      Then can I use them in rules in my lexer? if so how an I refere to them?
      How I would refere to them from the parser?

      I tried to use LITERAL_end, LITERAL_of, ...
      it did not work.
      Thanks
      Khalid
    • hkhidhir
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 12, 1999
        Please ignore my question, I found the answer.
        Khalid

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 1999
          To everyone on this mailing list,
          Please can you remove my address "ger@..." from your mailing list.
          The person who is actually on your mailing list is no longer here, so
          please stop mailing me, as the emails are taking a lot of my downloading
          time.

          Anthony Ger

          ----------
          > From: hkhidhir <hkhidhir@...>
          > To: antlr-interest@onelist.com
          > Subject: [antlr-interest] Re: literals in lexer ...
          > Date: Tuesday, January 12, 1999 11:14 PM
          >
          > From: hkhidhir <hkhidhir@...>
          >
          > Please ignore my question, I found the answer.
          > Khalid
          >

          > On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, hkhidhir wrote:
          >
          > > From: hkhidhir <hkhidhir@...>
          > >
          > > Hi All, thanks for the help with the string grammer.
          > > I have a question:
          > > when I define literals in the lexer, example:
          > >
          > > literal="end";
          > > literal="of";
          > > literal="statement";
          > >
          > > Then can I use them in rules in my lexer? if so how an I refere to
          them?
          > > How I would refere to them from the parser?
          > >
          > > I tried to use LITERAL_end, LITERAL_of, ...
          > > it did not work.
          > > Thanks
          > > Khalid

        • Gary Schaps