C++ Grammar for .Net VC++ 7.1

  • jimmyatwork1
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2004
      Does any know of a ported version of David Wigg's C++ grammar (3.0
      grammer first published in July 2004) that works under Visual C++ 7.1
      (or 7.0) for .Net?
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
        On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:58:25 -0000, jimmyatwork1 <jimmyatwork1@...> wrote:
        > Does any know of a ported version of David Wigg's C++ grammar (3.0
        > grammer first published in July 2004) that works under Visual C++ 7.1
        > (or 7.0) for .Net?

        Doesn't it work out of the box? Thought it was developed in VC6, so I
        guess it should plain work in vc7.1 maybe with some small tweaks.

      • jimmyatwork1
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
          VC6 is over 6 years old. It predates the C++ standard. 7.0, and 7.1
          even more, conform well to the ANSI/ISO standard. The example code
          distributed with David Wigg's 3.0 C++ grammar works with VC6, as
          expected, but fails in 7.1. I don't have results for a 7.0 build.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
            On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:19:09 -0000, jimmyatwork1 <jimmyatwork1@...> wrote:
            > VC6 is over 6 years old. It predates the C++ standard. 7.0, and 7.1
            > even more, conform well to the ANSI/ISO standard. The example code
            > distributed with David Wigg's 3.0 C++ grammar works with VC6, as
            > expected, but fails in 7.1. I don't have results for a 7.0 build.

            Fails as in doesn't compile? Or fails in the sense of strange
            behaviour? A little while back I only had to do minor tweaking to get
            it to run on gcc 3.4, which means it shouldn't be all that bad with
            vc7.1. (although that was with the old version but even that should
            not make that big a difference)

          • jimmyatwork1
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
              I get a run-time error:
              "Run-Time Check Failure #3 - The variable 's' is being used without
              being defined." in the last line of CPPParser::scope_override() when
              the function returns 's'.

              's' is defined as a char * at the beginning of the file.

              hmm...

              jim