Could it be that the examples in the antlr-2.7.3 file are outdated?

  • Maassen, H.A.M.
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2004
      I'm looking at the C# examples and get the following message when compiling the JAVA example (Examples/CSharp/Java): 'antlr.debug.misc.ASTFrame' does not contain a definition for 'ShowDialog'.

      It might be me though, I'm new to both ANTLR and C# - but I figured I might as well ask :)

      (code snippet:)

      public static void doTreeAction(string f, AST t, string[] tokenNames)
      {
      if (t == null)
      return ;
      if (showTree)
      {
      BaseAST.setVerboseStringConversion(true, tokenNames);
      ASTFactory factory = new ASTFactory();
      AST r = factory.create(0, "AST ROOT");
      r.setFirstChild(t);
      ASTFrame frame = new ASTFrame("Blaise AST", r);
      frame.ShowDialog();
      //frame.Visible = true;
      // System.out.println(t.toStringList());

      (/code snippet)
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
        On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 04:36:25PM +0200, Maassen, H.A.M. wrote:
        > I'm looking at the C# examples and get the following message when compiling
        > the JAVA example (Examples/CSharp/Java): 'antlr.debug.misc.ASTFrame' does
        > not contain a definition for 'ShowDialog'.
        >
        > It might be me though, I'm new to both ANTLR and C# - but I figured I might
        > as well ask :)

        Check antlr 2.7.4 or a snapshot from:

        http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~klaren/antlr

        Then report back.

        ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren@... ----- +31 53 4893755 ----
        Chaos often breeds life, when order breeds habit.
        --- Henry B. Adams, The Education of Henry Adams