Re: [antlr-interest] visual basic 6 grammar

  • ronald.petty@milliman.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 2, 2004
      GPL would be great for everyone, not just me. Great job.
      Ron

      Anakreon <p98043@...>
      04/02/2004 06:49 AM
      Please respond to
      antlr-interest@yahoogroups.com

      antlr-interest@yahoogroups.com
      cc

      Subject

      ronald.petty@... wrote:
      > That is vey nice of you. I am not a VB guy (learning), how much of a
      I am not either.I used vbscript in ASP only, and the main reference I had
      for
      writing the Lexer, Parser was documentation obtained from Microsoft site
      on
      scripting technologies.It should be almost everything Visual Basic is
      except
      that vbscript is loosely typed.
      > subset (I doubt superset) of VBScript is to VB? or VBA? Either way, I
      > would appreciate it.

      I hope at Monday or Tuesday the teacher will have answered.
      However have in mind that the license is GPL.
      Would that license be OK with you?

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
      confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
      copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
      reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Unless indicated
      to the contrary: it does not constitute professional advice or
      opinions upon which reliance may be made by the addressee or any
      other party, and it should be considered to be a work in progress.
    • Anakreon
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 28, 2004
        ronald.petty@... wrote:

        > Anakreon (or anyone else),
        > Good Morning,
        > I was wondering could you explain in the Visual Basic Script grammar
        > what the constructs of the form
        >
        > <lexer_init>
        > <lexer_typedot>
        > <lexer_lasttoken>
        > ..
        >
        > are for?
        >
        > I don't see them defined in the grammar or in the documentation of antlr
        > (that I can find).
        >
        > Thanks
        > Ron

        I use annotation tool which separates the grammar definition from actions code.
        The idea is simple. Place <some_name> in the grammar where action code would be
        and in an other file write: @some_name : {/*action code*/}.
        The tool will insert the action code where <some_name> exists and generate a new
        grammar file with actions included.
        That file processed by antlr.

        The annotation tool can be found at antlr.org.
        I send you a sample build file for ant, and the VbConstants class which I
        omitted sending last time.

        Anakreon.