591Re: Frustration...

    Aug 2, 1999
      Terence Parr wrote:
      > Folks,
      > I'm a little frustrated with some of comments I'm getting recently.

      Thanks for all the kind words and support from ANTLR/PCCTS-o-phyles! :)

      I appreciate the advice and feedback.

      Let's hope that my book, which I hope to get back to as soon as 2.7.0
      and the ANTLR FAQ are done, takes care of things for most folks.

      My goal has always been to bring parsing to the "average programmer".
      Apparently, I've reached those folks, but without proper documentation

      I intend my book to bring you from a for-loop around getchar() to
      predicated parsing, tree construction, and source-to-source
      translation. I'll also have the first complete and easy-to-read
      discussion of linear-approximate lookahead and all that rot for advanced
      folks. I don't think there has ever been a good book on translation (as
      opposed to compilers and theory stuff)--hopefully it will hit the spot.

      Best regards from San Francisco,
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic