5465Re: Matlab grammar - What is this for?

  • andreasklimke
    May 3, 2002
      for my PhD thesis, I started to work on an application that will have
      to process m files, and generate some additional Matlab code around
      it. Since this will not involve compilation of the code, I may not
      need a grammar that is complete in every respect.

      For other projects, such as Otter, CONLAB, or the MATCH compiler (they
      have published their grammar), the grammar was required for a parser
      as part of a compiler that emits native parallel code or makes use of
      libraries supporting parallel architectures (The Mathwork's Matlab
      compiler does not support this). So a lot of work has been done here.

      Thanks to all of you for the support- I will post intermediate results
      or questions that arise I am not sure of how to solve with AntLR.

      Andreas

      --- In antlr-interest@y..., "jsrs701" <jsrs701@y...> wrote:
      > --- In antlr-interest@y..., "andreasklimke" <andreasklimke@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I have started to work on an Antlr grammar for Matlab m-files a
      > couple
      >
      > Hey, let me add a kudos call to Ter's and say, GROOVY!
      >
      > Now let me ask a deeper question: what is this for?
      >
      > (I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Matlab, which played a
      > large part in my successfully completing engineering school!)
      >
      > Good luck, Andreas!
      >
      > JSRS
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic