      From: Janet Riley [mailto:jriley@...]
      Sent: Saturday, 30 January 1999 04:28
      To: antlr-interest@onelist.com
      Subject: [antlr-interest] Re: What would the wily programmer do?

      From: Janet Riley <jriley@...>

      [...]
      I realized that there are times I want to say WHEN. When inside
      command_open and command_close, check it against these rules. Case
      matters. When inside a conditional, which is denoted by '(' and ')',
      '<'
      and '>' do not mean command_open and command_close . When NOT in a
      command, ignore the text. I thought I had done this with the rules, but
      the literal tokens threw a curveball. Filtering out everything but the
      commands, as described in the "Filtering Input Streams" part of the
      lexer
      documentation, isn't an option because I do want to retain
      non-commands.
      [...]
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic