spoke to soon: gmane sucks. period.

(14608)
  • Terence Parr
    Dec 16, 2004 Expand Messages
      Ok, so have these people actually tried to use their site? I cannot
      get text to appear half the time. Some kind of weird cookie crap going
      on too so same url shows about 100 different views. IE doesn't seem to
      show the content. As somebody who spent 5 heinous years of his life
      building websites, I can tell you that this is just not that hard of a
      problem.

      Ugh. Ok, so

      http://groups.google.com/

      looks like it might actually work. At least we can trust their search
      facility. ;) Not sure about uploading old stuff. Ack. Doesn't look I
      can upload old email easily. :(

      The Mailman software requires apache but should work. Found a way to
      upload files... boy is it UGLY! Ugh. Well, perhaps I'll set up an
      interface to the mail through antlr.org's server by tunneling. Anyway,
      looks like it will work and I can then spider it. We should be good to
      go. New antlr.org box is being built as we speak. DNS should switch
      this weekend. I'll let you know when I can switch the mailing list.

      perforce repository will move this weekend as well

      Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com