12292Re: [antlr-interest] Not able to preserve formatting while saving the file

  • Monty Zukowski
    Jun 1, 2004
      This is not the easiest thing to do. Ter's answer using the
      TokenStreamRewriteEngine assumes no trees, just a parser pass. There
      is another article on preserving whitespace on antlr.org using hidden
      token streams and attaching to the tokens.

      In the C grammar I think I recorded the column and line info and would
      add in the indentation and lines as needed when I was emitting a token
      that wasn't at the current position.

      On Jun 1, 2004, at 3:33 AM, swift_turtle_male wrote:

      > Guys,
      > Basically I have made a program, which will analyze the java code and
      > suggest optimizations using the antlr tree structure. Now I wanted to
      > expand the capabilities of automatically optimizing the existing java
      > code, by changing the tree structure. Now Im able to make the
      > modifications and save the file, but then I have got a major issue,
      > wherein Im not able to preserve the original formatting of the java
      > code. Can anyone help me with that ?
      > Regards,
      > Chunduru Anil Kumar
      Monty Zukowski