10466Re: [antlr-interest] StringTemplate question

    Jan 1, 2004
      On Thursday, January 1, 2004, at 01:10 PM, llza2003 wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > It seems it is not possible to nest anonymous templates in the
      > StringTemplate library, e.g.
      >
      > $A:{$attr:{$attr.B$}$}$

      Howdy :) Hmm...Yeah, I think somebody else found this too...yep, found
      this in my bugs list:

      * Matthew Ford: Support nested anon templates or return better error.

      Sorry about that...no conceptual reason, just a very bad scanner (which
      I do by hand since the delimiters are unrestricted). Actually, it
      might be in the stringtemplate action lexer itself not the thing that
      chunk up the template.

      Sure, send in a patch if you want :) Matthew will thank you too...

      Thanks for your interest...

      Ter

      > Is this in fact true? If so, is there a conceptual reason why this is
      > not supported? It seems reasonably straightforward to implement and I
      > thought I should check before I rush off and implement something that
      > is already supported or, even worse, not conceptually sound.
      >
      > :-)
      >
      > Luis
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/