Re: hello

  • mississippilove2001
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 3, 2002
      --- In antiveganalliance@y..., blue_million_miles wrote:
      > Hi I'm a 15-year-old South Dakota vegan. I would
      > be willing to debate. I am curious as to what in the
      > world would lead a person to believe that it is morally
      > acceptable to mass produce other species only to kill them
      > by the billions. And every single one of them has
      > the capability to feel pain. Humans are the only
      > animals to assume ownership of the lives of entire
      > species, and humans are also very healthy without eating
      > any animal. How is it justified?
      no one has to justify themselves to you.ml
    • mississippilove2001
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 3, 2002
        --- In antiveganalliance@y..., BlueEyedPleco wrote:
        > I came for the same reason.<br>I'm near vegan
        > myself.<br>I wonder how it is acceptable to torture animals
        > and throw away our future for the sake of something
        > as trival as hamburgers.<br>The sacrfices to produce
        > meat seem to be very great compared to the benifits.
        You are free to make your own conclusions, but be aware, they are just
        that.ml
      • mississippilove2001
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 3, 2002
          --- In antiveganalliance@y..., van088 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > I'm sure that most vegans are well aware that, by being preachy,
          they
          > usually turn people off to veganism. But of course I've done it
          > before... and I'm sure most other vegans have, too. Like you said,
          > people get very defensive of their lifestyles. I think it's even
          > more extreme in the case of vegans. Consider how you would feel if
          > you held this very firm belief that animals are of equal worth to
          > humans, and therefore, when people ate meat, it was as if they were
          > killing people. When people truly feel that way, they do get a
          > little desperate. I think sometimes vegans are just so anxious to
          > try to get people to understand the way they see things, to save
          > lives, that they can get a little preachy because of their
          > frustration when most people don't understand that.
          well, but... all us animals on the earth eat each other, and none of
          the other animals are mad at the meat apes...the vegan cult has
          nothing to do with eating, you novices think it does because that is
          the lure devised to cull the truely violent among you from the rest.
          this is really an old cult, the cult of kali, more on this later,...
          but if you are not mad at mama beaver for making a dam, why be mad at
          mama meat ape for feeding her young the things that she knows will
          make them the biggest and strongest.ml
        • resistench
          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 6, 2002
            For all the statements you've made, it still seems like your
            ignorant to what is considered "natural", slaughterhouses don't grow
            naturally, and humans don't necassarily rely on meat, unlike
            carnivores significantly designed to have an avid meat diet, they're
            intestines run straight, as to a humans intestines, which are folded
            and made for a slower digestive process, hence, designed for a diet
            which aims at fruits, veggies, etc. meat also contributes to colon
            cancer, high blood pressure and the already dominant obesity, if you
            went and studied it a little more, you'd notice it is extremely
            healthier, and promotes longer life, as well as conserving others,i'm
            vegan, and probably in a healthier state than most meat eaters, also
            meat literally rots in your gut, for up to a week, i don't preach, i
            inform people who are interestd, and aim my views through print,
            veganism can be a status symbol like shitloads of other things, the
            overall thing here is, i'm saving lives, and increase my healthspan.
            i don't condemn other peoples choices, i think any living thing has
            the right to live, when something is born, it shouldn't have to live
            in a planned death, just like you would want to experience life.
          • mississippilove2001
            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 6, 2002
              --- In antiveganalliance@y..., resistench <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > (Lie number one:For all the statements you've made, it still seems
              like your ignorant to what is considered "natural", slaughterhouses
              don't grow naturally,) ( Slaughter houses are just as natural as
              beaver's dams.)
              (Lie number two: and humans don't necassarily rely on meat,) (All
              humans have relied on meat, and the more meat the bigger and stronger
              the human )
              (Lie number Three: unlike carnivores) (Carnivore is the scientific
              designation for particular kinds of animals, many animals that do not
              fall into the carnivore category eat as much maet as they possibly
              can.)
              (Lie number four:significantly designed to have an avid meat
              diet,)(Designed by whom?) they're intestines run straight, as to a
              humans intestines, which are folded and made for a slower digestive
              process, hence, designed for a diet which aims at fruits, veggies,
              etc.(Animals are not designed, any animal with any type of intestine
              can eat whatever it wants, and pigs, dogs, monkeys and yes even
              squirrels can and do eat meat and occasionaly, each other.
              meat also contributes to colon cancer, high blood pressure and the
              already dominant obesity, (I take it you consider these things bad
              somehow.)
              (if you went and studied it a little more,)(So you think people who
              disagree with you have studied less? Do you think everyone who
              disagrees with you on anything is less intelligent or less studied
              than you?) (Lie number five:you'd notice it is extremely healthier,
              and promotes longer life, as well as conserving others,)It is not
              healthier! We only need to look at the enforced veganism of the cults
              to see malnourised childern, and obese vegatarians is almost a
              stereotype. Well, which is it? are you a vegan for your moral reasons
              or because it is healthier?
              i'm vegan, and probably in a healthier state than most meat eaters,
              also meat literally rots in your gut, for up to a week,(here you've
              determined that meat "rotting" in the gut is somehow bad
              i don't preach, i inform people who are interestd, and aim my views
              through print, veganism can be a status symbol like shitloads of other
              things, the overall thing here is, i'm saving lives, and increase my
              healthspan.(Why are you afraid to die?)
              > i don't condemn other peoples choices, i think any living thing has
              > the right to live, when something is born, it shouldn't have to live
              > in a planned death,(Everything that lives dies) just like you would
              want to experience life. (The wind and the rain, and the forests and
              the beasts, are not mad at you, live your life, peace, Vegan.)
            • resistench
              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 6, 2002
                since your blatantly calling me a liar, and my statements wheres
                somehow lies, i will go into more descriptive examples.
                The most important dietary changes to make in protecting arteries
                from atherosclerosis include avoiding sources of saturated fat, such
                as meat and dairy products. A decrease in atherosclerosis resulting
                from a pure vegetarian diet (no meat, poultry, dairy or eggs),
                combined with exercise and stress reduction, has been proven by
                medical research. So-called "Mediterranean" diets (high in beans and
                peas, fish, fruit, vegetables, bread, and cereals; and low in meat,
                dairy fat, and eggs) have also had remarkable effects in reducing
                the risk of dying from heart disease.
                Cancer? From Meat, indeed.
                Most, but not all, studies show meat-eaters have a high risk of
                colon and breast cancers. In some colon-cancer studies, the
                association has been limited to consumption of sausage or other
                processed meats.

                The association between cancer and consumption of meat depends in
                part on how well the meat is cooked. Well-done meat contains more
                carcinogenic material than does lightly cooked meat. Recent evidence
                from preliminary studies shows that people who eat well-done, fried,
                or heavily browned meat have a high risk of colon and breast cancers.

                However, not every report has found that exposure to carcinogens
                found in well-done meat leads to an increased risk of cancer. Some
                studies may have failed to find this link because they did not
                consider the effect of genetics. Susceptibility to the colon cancer-
                causing effects of well-cooked meat appears to be genetically
                determined. Genetics may also determine whether eating well-done
                meat increases the risk of breast cancer. As with colon cancer,
                genetic testing to determine which consumers of well-done meat are
                at high risk of breast cancer is rarely done except in research
                trials.

                Meat contains high amounts of arachidonic acid. Some by-products of
                arachidonic acid have promoted prostate cancer in animals.
                Preliminary reports have suggested that frequently eating well-done
                steak or cured meats may also increase the risk of prostate cancer
                in men, although the association between prostate cancer and other
                meats has not been consistently reported.

                Consumption of fried and well-done red meat was associated with an
                elevated risk of lung cancer in one report. Consumption of red meat
                in general, as well as fried meat, correlated with a high risk of
                lung cancer in another study. People who cook with fat taken from
                meat (such as bacon fat and lard) may also be at high risk of lung
                cancer, according to preliminary research.

                In one report, high consumption of hot dogs was associated with an
                almost tenfold increase in the risk of childhood leukemia when
                compared with low consumption. In another report, maternal
                consumption of hot dogs and childhood consumption of hamburgers or
                hot dogs at least once per week were associated with a doubling of
                the risk of cancers in children. A review of nine studies found an
                association between consumption by pregnant women of cured meat and
                the risk of brain cancer in their offspring. These associations do
                not yet constitute proof that eating hot dogs or hamburgers causes
                cancer in children, and evidence linking cured meat consumption to
                childhood cancers remains somewhat inconsistent.

                In the debate over whether dietary fat increases breast cancer
                risks, only one fact is indisputable: women in countries that
                consume high amounts of meat and dairy fat have a high risk of
                breast cancer, while women in countries that mostly consume rice,
                soy, vegetables and fish (instead of meat and dairy fat) have a low
                risk of breast cancer.

                Cardiovascular Disease

                A diet high in fish appears protective against heart disease, while
                a high intake of saturated fat (found in meat) may contribute to
                heart disease. A large study of male healthcare professionals found
                that those men eating mostly a "prudent" diet (high in fruits,
                vegetables, legumes, whole grains, fish, and poultry) had a 30
                percent lower risk of heart attacks compared to men who ate the
                fewest foods in the "prudent" category. In contrast, men who ate the
                highest percentage of their foods from the "typical American diet"
                category (high in red meat, processed meat, refined grains, sweets,
                and desserts) had a 64 percent increased risk of heart attack,
                compared to men who ate the fewest foods in that category.

                Crohn's Disease

                As with many other health conditions, it may be beneficial for
                persons with this condition to eat less meat and dairy fat and more
                fruits and vegetables.

                Diabetes

                Vegetarians have been reported to have a low risk of type 2
                diabetes. When people with diabetic nerve damage switch to a vegan
                diet (no meat, dairy, or eggs), improvements have been reported
                after several days. In one trial, pain completely disappeared in 17
                of 21 people. Fats from meat also cause heart disease, the leading
                killer of people with diabetes. Vegetarians eat less protein than do
                meat eaters. Reducing protein intake has lowered kidney damage
                caused by diabetes, and may also improve glucose tolerance. Diets
                high in fat, especially saturated fat, worsen glucose tolerance and
                increase the risk of type 2 diabetes. Worldwide, children whose
                energy comes primarily from a diet high in dairy (or meat) products
                have a significantly higher chance of developing type 1 diabetes
                than do children whose energy comes primarily from a diet high in
                vegetable sources.

                Diverticular Disease

                One study of food intake revealed a 50 percent increase in incidence
                of diverticular disease in persons eating a diet high in meat and
                low in vegetables relative to those eating a high-vegetable and low-
                meat diet.

                Fibrocystic Breast Disease (FBD)

                Fibrocystic disease has been linked to estrogen imbalance in the
                body. When women with fibrocystic disease eat a low-fat diet, their
                estrogen levels decrease. After three to six months, the pain and
                lumpiness of FBD also decreases, according to some research. The
                link between fat and FBD symptoms appears to be most strongly
                related to saturated fat, which is high in meat.

                Gallstones

                In some trials, vegetarians had only half the risk of developing
                gallstones compared with meat eaters. Vegetarians often eat fewer
                calories and less cholesterol. They also tend to weigh less than
                meat eaters. All of these differences may reduce gallstone incidence.

                Gout

                Restricting purine intake can reduce the risk of a gout attack in
                people susceptible to gout. Foods high in purines include protein-
                rich foods, such as sweetbreads, liver, and other organ meats, and
                red meat.

                Halitosis

                Access by oral bacteria to sulfur-containing amino acids enhances
                the production of the sulfur gases partially responsible for bad
                breath. Cleaning the mouth after eating sulfur-rich food, including
                meat, may help remove the food for these bacteria.

                Heart Attack

                Dietary fat consumption increases heart attack risk. The Nurses'
                Health Study found that eating foods high in saturated fats (meat
                and dairy fat) was directly associated with more nonfatal heart
                attacks and deaths from coronary heart disease than eating lower
                amounts of these foods. Other studies report a direct association
                between frequent consumption of meat and butter and heart attacks.
                Making positive dietary changes immediately following a heart attack
                is likely to decrease one's chance of having a second heart attack.
                In one study, people began eating more vegetables and fruits, and
                substituted fish, nuts, and legumes for meat and eggs 24 to 48 hours
                after a heart attack. Six weeks later, the diet group had
                significantly fewer fatal and nonfatal heart attacks than a similar
                group who did not make these dietary changes. Many doctors tell
                people trying to reduce their risk of heart disease to avoid all
                meat and dairy fat. Fish is often suggested instead of meat. People
                eating a "Mediterranean" diet (high in beans and peas, fish, fruit,
                vegetables, bread, and cereals; and low in meat, dairy fat, and
                eggs) for two years had a remarkable 70 percent reduced risk of
                dying from heart disease compared with people not eating the diet.
                Similar results were also confirmed after almost four years.

                High Cholesterol

                Significant amounts of saturated fat are found in beef, pork, and
                veal. Avoiding these foods reduces cholesterol levels and has even
                been reported to reverse existing heart disease. Vegetarians have
                lower cholesterol and less heart disease than meat eaters, in part
                because they avoid animal fat. Vegans (people who eat no meat,
                dairy, or eggs) have the lowest cholesterol levels, and switching
                from a standard diet to a vegan diet has been reported to reverse
                heart disease.

                High Homocysteine

                People with high-homocysteine levels are typically advised to reduce
                their consumption of meat and saturated fat, because these dietary
                changes lower the risk of heart disease. Since homocysteine is
                produced from the amino acid methionine, intake of large amounts of
                methionine increases homocysteine levels. Foods high in methionine
                that have also been linked with an increased risk of heart disease
                include meat and eggs. The extent to which consumption of these
                foods affects the risk of heart disease as a result of their
                methionine content remains unknown.

                High Triglycerides

                People with high triglycerides are typically advised to reduce their
                weight and limit the consumption of meat and saturated fats. Many
                doctors recommend a diet low in saturated fat (meaning avoidance of
                red meat and all dairy except nonfat dairy) to reduce triglycerides
                and the risk of heart disease.

                Hives

                Allergy to foods and food additives is a common cause of hives,
                especially in chronic cases. Cured meat is among the foods most
                commonly reported as a trigger for hives.

                Intermittent Claudication

                Important dietary changes for preventing atherosclerosis (and,
                consequently, intermittent claudication) include avoiding meat and
                dairy fat, increasing fiber, and possibly avoiding foods containing
                trans fatty acids.

                Iron Deficiency

                The most absorbable form of iron, called "heme" iron, is found in
                meat, poultry, and fish.

                Kidney Stones

                Increased levels of urinary calcium also increase the risk of stone
                formation. Consumption of animal protein from meat, dairy, poultry,
                or fish increases urinary calcium.

                Morning Sickness

                In a Harvard study, women with a high intake of saturated fat (found
                mainly in meat and dairy) during the year prior to pregnancy had a
                much higher risk of severe morning sickness than did women eating
                less saturated fat.

                Osteoarthritis (OA)

                From the 1950s through the 1970s, Dr. Max Warmbrand used a diet free
                of meat, poultry, dairy, chemicals, sugar, eggs, and processed foods
                for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and OA, claiming
                significant anecdotal success. He reported that clinical results
                took at least six months to develop. The Warmbrand diet has never
                been properly tested in clinical research. Moreover, although the
                diet is healthful and should reduce the risk of being diagnosed with
                many other diseases, it is difficult for most people to follow. This
                difficulty, plus the lack of published research, leads many doctors
                who are aware of the Warmbrand diet to use it only if other
                approaches have failed.

                Parasites

                Undercooked meat and poultry can contain parasites.

                Phenylketonuria (PKU)

                A PKU diet is one that is low in protein, providing no more than the
                minimum amount of phenylalanine needed by the body. All high-protein
                foods, such as meats and poultry, are usually eliminated.

                Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)

                Several studies suggest that diets low in fat may help to reduce
                symptoms of PMS. Many doctors recommend diets very low in meat and
                dairy fat and high in fruit, vegetables, and whole grains for women
                with PMS.

                Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)

                From the 1950s through the 1970s, Max Warmbrand, a naturopathic
                doctor, used a very low-fat diet to treat people with RA. He
                recommended a diet free of meat, dairy, chemicals, sugar, eggs, and
                processed foods. See Osteoarthritis (above).

                Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)

                An isolated case of someone with SLE improving significantly after
                the introduction of a vegetarian diet has been reported. In Japan,
                women who frequently ate fatty meats, such as beef and pork, were
                reported to be at higher risk for SLE compared with women eating
                little of these foods. Consuming fewer calories, less fat, and foods
                low in phenylalanine and tyrosine (prevalent in high-protein foods
                such as meat and dairy) might be helpful, according to animal and
                preliminary human studies.

                Weight Loss

                For weight loss, foods with a high proportion of calories from fat
                should be eliminated from the diet, or consumed only in limited
                amounts; these include red meat, poultry skins, and dark poultry
                meat.

                Wilson's Disease

                Most foods contain at least some copper, so it is not possible to
                avoid the metal completely. Foods high in copper, such as organ
                meats, should be eliminated from the diet.

                You say slaughterhouses are natural, they are obvously not something
                that was grown, or produced by the ecosystem, besides playing a
                factor in destroying it, the majority of animals raised for
                slaughter are not naturally concieved, artificial insemination is
                widely used in almost all aspects of the meat market, they are
                convienently caged with barely enough room to stand or turn, this is
                also not natural event, when an animal is restrained from making
                it's own decisions, it's ultimately not playing a "natural" role on
                earth, when you commented earlier on many other animals eating meat,
                it is carried out in a natural order, they do not inseminate, and
                raise they're food, they find it and eat it, are you going to tell
                me you hunt your prey and consume it naturally?. no you buy it
                convienently wrapped at the supermarket, The fact humans may be the
                only species to continue to drink milk after being weaned is simply
                a matter of access. In other species the female must wean last
                birthing cycle off-spring so she has milk for the new one(s). It's a
                matter of gluttony. I will follow up ont he human bodies reccomended
                meat consumption (which is 0), i will supply you publication if you
                still think i am full of "lies", think before you condemn.
              • mississippilove2001
                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 8, 2002
                  --- In antiveganalliance@y..., rootsid wrote:
                  > This is a link to People Eating Tasty Animals<br>www.mtd.com/tasty/
                  This is funny and worth a look see.
                • rezistench
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 25, 2002
                    -Welcome to PETA, the original animal rights organisation. We believe
                    that
                    animals were placed on this Earth for the express
                    purpose of humankind to
                    exploit, to breed, to consume and to harvest their
                    products. We believe that no
                    animal has "rights", and all anthropomorphism is
                    caused by bleeding-heart veggie
                    nutcases whose lack of animal protein has blunted
                    their brains. Put on a leather
                    jacket and wool scarf and shut up! We believe that the
                    future of global health
                    and disease prevention lies in animal testing and
                    experimentation. It is a sign of
                    the highest humanity if animals have to die in order
                    to save future untold billions
                    of humans. At PETA, we believe that humankind is the
                    highest life form. Join
                    this forum and laugh with us as we make fun of these
                    sorrowful, pathetic and
                    lonely animal-rights losers. (People for the Ethical
                    Treatment of Animals)
                  • snagevetsizer
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 27, 2002
                      --- In antiveganalliance@y..., "rezistench" <rezistench@y...> wrote:
                      > -Welcome to PETA, the original animal rights organisation. We
                      believe
                      > that
                      > animals were placed on this Earth for the express
                      > purpose of humankind to
                      > exploit, to breed, to consume and to harvest their
                      > products. We believe that no
                      > animal has "rights", and all anthropomorphism is
                      > caused by bleeding-heart veggie
                      > nutcases whose lack of animal protein has blunted
                      > their brains. Put on a leather
                      > jacket and wool scarf and shut up! We believe that
                      the
                      > future of global health
                      > and disease prevention lies in animal testing and
                      > experimentation. It is a sign of
                      > the highest humanity if animals have to die in order
                      > to save future untold billions
                      > of humans. At PETA, we believe that humankind is the
                      > highest life form. Join
                      > this forum and laugh with us as we make fun of these
                      > sorrowful, pathetic and
                      > lonely animal-rights losers. (People for the Ethical
                      > Treatment of Animals)

                      What language is this post in? There are animals in the water you
                      drink, there are animals in the food you eat there are animals in the
                      air there are animals in your home there are animals in you feces
                      there are animals in your mate there are animals in your mind, they
                      are
                      screaming.............................................................
                      .............................................eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                      eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                      eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    • diseasewench
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 27, 2002
                        --- In antiveganalliance@y..., "rezistench" <rezistench@y...> wrote:
                        > -Welcome to PETA, the original animal rights organisation. We
                        believe
                        > that
                        > animals were placed on this Earth for the express
                        > purpose of humankind to
                        > exploit, to breed, to consume and to harvest their
                        > products. We believe that no
                        > animal has "rights", and all anthropomorphism is
                        > caused by bleeding-heart veggie
                        > nutcases whose lack of animal protein has blunted
                        > their brains. Put on a leather
                        > jacket and wool scarf and shut up! We believe that
                        the
                        > future of global health
                        > and disease prevention lies in animal testing and
                        > experimentation. It is a sign of
                        > the highest humanity if animals have to die in order
                        > to save future untold billions
                        > of humans. At PETA, we believe that humankind is the
                        > highest life form. Join
                        > this forum and laugh with us as we make fun of these
                        > sorrowful, pathetic and
                        > lonely animal-rights losers. (People for the Ethical
                        > Treatment of Animals)

                        was hitler a vegan?
                      • resistench
                        Message 11 of 25 , Dec 5, 2002
                          --- In antiveganalliance@y..., servinghimforever wrote:
                          > but i got quite ill, im back to being vegetarian again, tho' i
                          prefer being vegan...

                          Nice effort, it might take awhile, but i can assure you, a vegan
                          diet is a better effort to being healthy, switching back to
                          vegetarian isn't making you healthier, i am guessing you relyed on a
                          dairy heavy diet, the fats and artery clogging properties in dairy,
                          are way worse than meat, so in a sense, a dairy heavy vegetarian
                          diet is worse than a meat heavy diet. I can reccomend eating more
                          grains, more vegetables, find lentil soup, get soy based products
                          and make stir frys, while broadening your diet, try and stay away
                          from dairy, if you get the craving, make or buy some tofu ice cream,
                          sound nasty, It's actually really good, especially tofutti brands, i
                          have a recipe too, you can buy soy based cheese, which doesnt have
                          the exact taste of cheese,do some research, you can easily exclude
                          dairy from your diet, youv'e already gotten rid of the meat, if you
                          want email me at democricide@... or message me on AOL at
                          SilenceIsFeedom. I can help you get a good idea of starting a
                          healthy vegan diet.
                          -peace
                        • ru4ryla <ru4ryla@yahoo.com>
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 10, 2003
                            hello fellow citizens. I too hate the vegans animal hugging faggots.
                            I trap fur and raise bird sfor cockfighting so Ive done battl with
                            them for a long time. I used to raise pitbulls to fight too but hte
                            blacks are taking overt hat sport and i want nothing to do with them.

                            Anyway, i look forward to talking about vegans.
                          • fishcannotscream
                            Message 13 of 25 , Aug 8 8:09 AM
                              it is interesting that someone could make the
                              remark 'dirty hippie vegans' since the filthiest
                              thing you can do on earth is eat a rotting cadaver

                              making you a mobile cemetery for dead innocent animals

                              give you the stench of butyric acid
                            • d kang
                              Message 14 of 25 , Aug 8 4:04 PM
                                --- fishcannotscream <akrophile@...> wrote:
                                > it is interesting that someone could make the
                                > remark 'dirty hippie vegans' since the filthiest
                                > thing you can do on earth is eat a rotting cadaver
                                >
                                > making you a mobile cemetery for dead innocent
                                > animals
                                >
                                > give you the stench of butyric acid

                                You think you are better than all the other animals?
                                what about shemales? they eat meat naturaly don't
                                they/ or am I kidding?

                                http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com