Re: [AWA] De Forest Oscillion Transmitter

  • BOB RIESE
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2002
      Lets have a look at it at Conference or at least an article fer the OTB

      Good deal\

      Bob

      On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 06:35:47 -0000 "hokep61" <zone24@...> writes:
      >One of my fellow vintage radio club members "saved" a De Forest
      >Oscillion XMTR from being junked. It's in fairly good shape but does
      >
      >have a few "vacant" spots on the chassis. Our hope is to restore it
      >back to it's "original glory" but the only photos we can find are of
      >fairly poor quality and we've drawn a total zero on a schematic. Any
      >
      >information would be GREATLY appreciated! The tag on the front panel
      >
      >reads: De Forest Radio Phone series No. 117
      >
      > Thanks.........
      > Hoke

    • Ludwell Sibley
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 24, 2002
        hokep61 wrote:

        > One of my fellow vintage radio club members "saved" a De Forest
        > Oscillion XMTR from being junked. It's in fairly good shape but does
        > have a few "vacant" spots on the chassis. Our hope is to restore it
        > back to it's "original glory" but the only photos we can find are of
        > fairly poor quality and we've drawn a total zero on a schematic. Any
        > information would be GREATLY appreciated! The tag on the front panel
        > reads: De Forest Radio Phone series No. 117
        >
        > Thanks.........
        > Hoke
        >

        > Visit the AWA web page at: http://www.antiquewireless.org
        > Post message: antiquewirelessassociation@yahoogroups.com
        > Subscribe: antiquewirelessassociation-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Let's see if we can figure out which model this one is. The
        known Oscillion xmtrs are:

        In 1921 catalog:

        O - has a row of four "5-watter" tubes horizontally out
        the front panel, plus two rectifier tubes on right-angle
        sockets at the bottom of the panel, plus two meters, plus
        mike attached to top of panel.
        OT-5 - has three "5-watter" tubes horizontally out the
        front panel, one meter, mike attached to panel.
        OT-10 - similar; has a row of four "five-watters."
        OT-20 - has *two rows* of four "five-watters" each out
        the front panel, two meters, mike.

        Others are:

        OJ - one small vertical tube on the front panel, mike, no
        meter.
        OB1 - one large Oscillion behind panel, two meters, no mike.
        OB2 - two large Oscillions benind panel, two meters, no
        mike, cooling fan for tubes.
        OT-3 - three "five-watters" on chassis, one meter, no mike.

        I can furnish catalog extracts on these (xerocopies of
        xerocopies except for the 1921 line) and the operating
        instructions for the OT-3 . . . no schematics though, sigh.

        Ludwell Sibley