Re: [antiqueradios] Consumer's Union Article, 1941; "The Radio Repairman"

  • Duke And Rat
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4 8:16 PM
      When I wuz a kid, before I learned electronic, we took my kiddie phono to a repair shop in Charming Bell, Calif.

      The dude discovered a bad 25L6 and charged my Ma just for the tube itself.

      So there!

      (PS: And that was before polarized plugs, so we were all in mortal danger!)

      BD

    • Don Way
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4 9:38 PM
        We were all in mortal danger then, regardless...the switch was in the ground side of the line!

        Message 3 of 4 , May 5 1:44 AM
          Speaking of 25L6, who wouldda thought that they used them in Univac computers?

          BD