face colored waterman leonardos...

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2012
      Adrian and Roger,

      re - leonardo type

      can you help me please ?

      I want to make the first 100 watermans

      http://images.mitrasites.com/wallpaper/waterman-polyhedron.html
      ( as per page 7 }

      I want to color the faces by face type

      Can you help with a way to do them all in one fell swoop ?

      Also...if wood can be used..why not say, jade and marble etc ?

      I hope to put up a page with small jgps
      [ and with full size jpgs and off and and wrl files...]
      that are clicked to

      Possibly too, if this initial set can be managed to be
      "batched for 100 of them at once"...
      I should be able to make a few other leonardo series or two, like the bcc, or rd, myself...

      steve
    • Adrian Rossiter
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2012
        Hi Steve

        On Tue, 29 May 2012, Steve wrote:
        > I want to make the first 100 watermans
        >
        > http://images.mitrasites.com/wallpaper/waterman-polyhedron.html
        > ( as per page 7 }
        >
        > I want to color the faces by face type
        >
        > Can you help with a way to do them all in one fell swoop ?

        You could use a Python script for this. If it is of interest,
        I notice that Udacity are offering an introductory programming
        course in Python

        http://www.udacity.com/overview/Course/cs101/CourseRev/apr2012

        " What do I need to know?
        There is no prior programming knowledge needed for this course.
        Beginners welcome!

        What will I learn?
        At the end of this course you will have a rock solid foundation for
        programming in Python... "

        > Also...if wood can be used..why not say, jade and marble etc ?

        Just use the texture you want

        http://www.antiprism.com/examples/200_programs/670_leonardo/wood_rhombi_Med.jpg.10.html

        Adrian.
        --
        Adrian Rossiter
        adrian@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2012

          > You could use a Python script for this. If it is of interest,
          > I notice that Udacity are offering an introductory programming
          > course in Python
          >
          > http://www.udacity.com/overview/Course/cs101/CourseRev/apr2012

          Hi Adrian:
          I am going to try out that course.
          Lately, have been reading Synergetics and a book named Biocentrism
          by Robert Lanza.
          With work and my physical hands on projects I have not spent much
          learning/application time with the computer.
          Still have that interest in Python, though.

          thank you,
          dharmraj
        • Adrian Rossiter
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 14, 2012
            Hi dharmraj

            On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, john mac cosham wrote:
            >> http://www.udacity.com/overview/Course/cs101/CourseRev/apr2012
            > I am going to try out that course.

            I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

            Adrian.