UFO buzz puts NT into flap

  • Diane Frola
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2008
      UFO buzz puts NT into flap
      BEN LANGFORD

      03May08

      http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2008/05/03/4021_ntnews.html

      A "UFO flap'' is taking place and Territorians are needed to help
      scan the skies during a national spotting session tomorrow.
      The Australian UFO Research Network has about 40 people across the
      country ready for a co-ordinated effort.
      Network national director Diane Frola said there had been more than
      35 sightings in the past seven weeks.

      "Certain parts of the world go through what is called a UFO flap ...
      when there's a multitude of sightings coming from all different areas
      at the same time,'' she said.

      "Because it's been active the past seven weeks we decided the more
      pairs of eyes looking up the better.''
      Ms Frola there were only two or three Territorians signed up for
      tomorrow's 6.30pm start.

      "There have been sightings of triangle-shaped craft with lights
      underneath, cylinder-shaped craft, there has been craft that look
      like a wheel of lights,'' she said.

      "There have been 30 or 40 dancing lights off SA that took off in
      different directions.''

      A navy sailor contacted the Northern Territory News following
      Thursday's report of a UFO sighting on Groote Eylandt.

      Aaron Clement remembered seeing a similar flying object while in the
      Gulf of Carpentaria as a seaman on HMAS Kanimbla in July 2006.

      "I read it in the paper ... and I said 'get out' -- I saw exactly the
      same thing,'' he said. "It was high up in the sky.

      It was like a ball (then) it went orange and went away. Everyone
      thought it's a bit strange.''

      Thursday's story prompted several more reports of flying objects.

      One woman said she saw a straight-moving ball of light crossing
      Darwin Harbour last Saturday night, another woman saw "orange, green
      and white'' flashing shapes moving around the moon.

      To register for UFO spotting call 1800772288.

      http://www.auforn.com/nightWatch.html

      -------------------------------------
      Warmest Regards

      Diane Frola